forum

[Archived] tablet detecting wrong resolution

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
nominomu
Problem details: it's a bit complicated, so basically my laptop has 2256x1504 native resolution and my osu! resolution is set to 1920x1080, with 'fullscreen mode' on and 'render at native resolution' off. before, my tablet (which uses opentabletdriver) would think osu! takes up 1920x1080 pixels of space, so the tablet area would shrink. now my tablet thinks osu! takes up a 2256x1504 (a full screen) of space, and so osu!'s 1920x1080 area is the same as my laptop's 2256x1504 area, which basically results in a bigger tablet area.

at least thats what i think where the problem is bc if i change my tablet driver's screen resolution to 1920x1080 my tablet area is confined to a 1920x1080 box on my 2256x1504 resolution, and in osu! it's confined to a smaller box as well. idk how it would have behaved if i changed tablet driver screen size to 1920x1080 before the problem started

my input settings are: sensitivity 1x, raw input on, map absolute raw input to the osu! window off, confine mouse cursor only when fullscreen

the problem started after i tried dragging a bunch of .osz files into osu!, then it failed and file explorer froze, so i opened task manager and restarted file explorer and the problem suddenly started? edit: before that i tried dragging .osz files into osu! and file explorer froze and i used task manager to end the task which crashed my pc so i restarted it (along with opentabletdriver), thats more likely to have caused the problem

Video or screenshot showing the problem: a screenshot won't help but i have a drawing:

osu! version: Stable 20230814.2 (latest)
Blushing
hm. Does keeping your fullscreen setting on but changing the osu! resolution to 1920x1080 while having your tablet screen resolution set to 1920x1080 fix or do something beneficial?
Topic Starter
nominomu

Blushing wrote:

hm. Does keeping your fullscreen setting on but changing the osu! resolution to 1920x1080 while having your tablet screen resolution set to 1920x1080 fix or do something beneficial?
it restricts my tablet area to a smaller rectangle within the osu! window, which basically means i cant move my cursor to the edges of the screen

there's a temporary fix where i change my screen resolution to 1920x1080 in settings every time before opening osu! and adjust tablet area accordingly but thats inconvenient and a permanent fix would be better