forum

[resolved] Why did all the stars change?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
FadedLuRker
I'm just a casual player (I play to pass the maps, not to actually be good at playing them), so I don't bother to see all the updates and patches released by the devs. Why did the difficulty of ALL the maps changed all of a sudden, and the previous difficulty they had are displayed as "local" now? Also, why is this a thing anyways? What was the purpose of this change? I can't pass a single 8* map, but I still managed to get a 8* achievement because I passed a map that was previously 7*, but suddenly changed to 8* (this one: https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/1390177#osu/2933892). Physical and mental nourishment to the kind souls who'll answer. Blessings.
wowcake
This is due to the performance points & star rating rework that was done almost a year ago in order to balance it out.

"Local" star rating is the old star rating prior to the current one, because the osu!stable client cannot calculate the new SR, so it has to fetch it from the online one for the updated SR values.
Simply put, local is the old SR.

You can read more about this here:
home/news/2022-09-30-changes-to-osu-sr-and-pp
Topic Starter
FadedLuRker

Wowcake wrote:

This is due to the performance points & star rating rework that was done almost a year ago in order to balance it out.

"Local" star rating is the old star rating prior to the current one, because the osu!stable client cannot calculate the new SR, so it has to fetch it from the online one for the updated SR values.
Simply put, local is the old SR.

You can read more about this here:
home/news/2022-09-30-changes-to-osu-sr-and-pp
I see, thank you