forum

[Archived] Maps disappearing from song select & wiped locals after recovering map

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Bart
Problem details:
I started osu! as normal, and I noticed in the song select that my mapcount seemed lower than the amount of maps I had previously. A significant amount of maps (I'd say about 2500, or roughly 15% of my total maps) disappeared, and while it seems that refreshing them with F5 did bring all my maps back, I've lost all my local scores on them, and they appear as unranked until I update the map though checking any non-local leaderboard.

I've had this happen at least twice before, one time being relatively small with only recently downloaded maps, and a month or so ago I had another several thousand maps disappear and return empty like now. Possibly relevant is that it seems as though there's a decent bit of overlap in these "wiped maps" between these last two cases, although with the sample size I could be mistaken.

While I do have most of the plays I find seriously important saved manually & can simply redownload others from the leaderboard, it's still very irritating to lose local scores, and concerning that this appears to have become a repeated problem for me.

I also made sure to check, and my map files are all still there, I didn't change my song select sorting or options star rating slider, and I haven't ran out of storage space or anything.

As far as I'm aware, none of my maps have had corrupted data in the sense that they're unable to be played or recognized by osu!, and I haven't been manually editing things in my map folder aside from having put in a functional mp3 for a few maps which download without audio (DMCA'd maps). I hope there's a way to recover my local scores, or at least to prevent this from happening again in the future.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

There's not much to show other than to indicate it happened, but if it helps, this is what the maps appear as before & after checking the global leaderboard, and showing I've got a submitted play but isn't back in my locals. I sorted by unranked as I've been trying to fill my locals back up as much as I've still got saved & been able to download back.

osu! version: Stable 20230814.2 (latest)