forum

Lock BPM while timing [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
SapphireGhost
Sometimes when I'm timing a song and I have already gotten the correct BPM (or if I know it already) it's frustrating to have the BPM keep changing when I'm just trying to figure out the correct offset. My suggestion is to be able to make the BPM stop changing (lock it) while figuring out the correct offset as a courtesy to timers!

~ so yeah ~
ziin

SapphireGhost wrote:

Sometimes when I'm timing a song and I have already gotten the correct BPM (or if I know it already) it's frustrating to have the BPM keep changing when I'm just trying to figure out the correct offset. My suggestion is to be able to make the BPM stop changing (lock it) while figuring out the correct offset as a courtesy to timers!

~ so yeah ~
and vice versa.

What would be super nice is if we could get an output graph of the average of our previous 20 taps, giving a graph of the approximate BPM to determine if indeed there is a BPM change an at what point.

However to find the offset, it's really easy if you know the bpm:

play the map, check your early/late ms value. If it's early, subtract that amount to offset. If it's late, add that amount to offset. Repeat as needed.
mm201
Huh? Nothing changes the bpm when changing offsets. I don't understand the problem?
Shiro
Do not use the in-game thing meant for BPM to find offsets. o.o
Topic Starter
SapphireGhost
I meant that while timing a song, the BPM will still change while trying to find the offset. The suggestion is that we could stop the BPM from changing while finding the proper offset of the song. This is mostly for silly people like me who try to find offset with the timing menu ~ (This probably isn't very useful)
mm201

SapphireGhost wrote:

I meant that while timing a song, the BPM will still change while trying to find the offset.
No it won't. unless you meant the clicky tool thingy WHICH AT NO POINT YOU SAID IN THIS TOPIC!! I get offsets that are wrong by about 50ms with the clicky tool so it's not worth using for this purpose anyway.
Shiro

Odaril wrote:

Do not use the in-game thing meant for BPM to find offsets. o.o
This is exactly what I meant by that. T.T