forum

[resolved] [FIXED]osu! skins not working?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Edgy Runt
I've been trying to install osu! skins that are .osk files, and once I put them in the osu! folder and turn osu! on, they don't show up. I've tried double clicking on the file itself and it pulls up a notepad file showing code (I think), setting the HighResolution from 0 to 1, and tried to delete the skin file, but the delete option does not show up, and the delete key is useless as well.
This is my first time trying to get skins on osu!, so I could be confused about how to install skins properly... any help is much appreciated!

osu! version: Stable 20200208 (latest)
Death
Drag the .osk file into the osu! window to import it.
Tobias Leander
To fix the issue permanently right-click the osk/skin file you just downloaded and then click "Open with" check the box where it says "always use this app to open .osk files" and then click "more apps" and then scroll all the way down till you find "search for another app on pc" and then find your osu.exe/osu shortcut from there and select it, now it should open all skins you install with osu and not notepad.
Topic Starter
Edgy Runt

Tobias Leander wrote:

To fix the issue permanently right-click the osk/skin file you just downloaded and then click "Open with" check the box where it says "always use this app to open .osk files" and then click "more apps" and then scroll all the way down till you find "search for another app on pc" and then find your osu.exe/osu shortcut from there and select it, now it should open all skins you install with osu and not notepad.

It worked! Thank you so much!
JHaris

Tobias Leander wrote:

I have set the osu/skin file to always open using osu. However, when I download skins or try to manually drag it in, it opens the osu updater and when I do try just using the osu updater, when it finishes it opens osu but the skin is still not in the game. I don't know if it's a file or device problem (since this is a new laptop). Any tips can help cause I've tried almost everything else.
Jason X
You can put an .osk file in the skins folder and it will get processed the next time you open osu.

Also, please don't respond to old threads like this, please make a new post in the help forum if you run into a problem you need help with.
JHaris
Oh sorry, my first time using a thread. I'll make one after this. Also, I already dragged the osk file into the skin folder and it still won't process when I open osu