forum

[Archived] Osu! Stream/Vods Heavily choppy and lagging

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
KWYJIBO
Problem details: I have been regularly having problems with streaming Osu! recently as it has been coming back as very choppy in vods and in stream as well. I am using obs streamlabs to stream and up until recently I had hardly any issues at all. The actual osu app is running well and presenting no issues only the stream/vod is giving this issue, it is something that I think could be osu specific as with other games that I stream they run well both in gameplay and in stream/vod. I have tried altering stream, quality, bitrate and encoding settings but the problem still persists, so I was wondering if anyone had a potential solution or just experience with this issue? Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated, thankyou.

Video or screenshot showing the problem: https://clips.twitch.tv/CrispyEnticingAlligatorAsianGlow-8WGiyisL-y3ldMRN

System Specs:
- Seagate Barracuda 4TB ST4000DM004 3.5in Hard Drive
- Team T-Force Delta RGB 32GB (2x16GB) 3200MHz CL16 DDR4 Black
- Phanteks PH-P650GS 650W Gold Power Supply
- Samsung 870 QVO 2.5in SATA SSD 1TB
- ASUS Prime B550M-K Motherboard
- ASUS GeForce RTX 3070 Dual LHR 8GB
- AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Processor

osu! version: Stable 1.3.3.7
Blushing
Since osu! is running fine and without issues when you stream, you might want check out the performance troubleshooting documentation of your streaming platform AND streaming application. If it is imposing an overlay or anything like that it could be messing up osu! enough to not have a crystal clear recording or something like that.
Topic Starter
KWYJIBO
Ok so after a while of troubleshooting I believe it to be the GPU itself to be the issue as on unlimited frames without capping it in nvidia control panel both obs stream labs and osu were consuming too much power on my gpu and making it hit 80-90% without any other aspect of my gpu being strained. I also did a clean reset of windows 10 which did not help the issue however lowering task priority of the obs encoder in stream labs did help a little bit. I think that to run it on unlimited I may need to change out my psu as I feel 650w is not ideal for my system. After doing a test stream on my old computer with older and lesser specs and being able to run a pretty good stream off it with the issues of my current computer completely absent I think that power draw might be the issue. but if anyone has had this issue themselves and managed to fix it would greatly appreciate to hear how you did it