forum

[Archived] Mouse polling rate lowered substantially when laptop isn't plugged in

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Red1269_
Problem details:
Whenever I unplug my laptop from the power brick, it lowers the polling rate by a ridiculous amount in osu. This makes the game basically unplayable, as my cursor drifts farther than normal. The thing is, this drifty cursor is only in osu, and it doesn't behave this way. I know that a lot of people are going to tell me to increase my laptop's power plan, but I've already tried that, and it doesn't work. My mouse is the Logitech G305, running at 1000hz polling rate. My laptop is the Acer Aspire Vero (Intel Core i5-1135g7, not the Intel Core i7-1195g7 variant).

Is there any way to trick my laptop into thinking it's plugged in when it actually isn't? I want to play osu at school but it's practiaclly impossible with this.
osu! version: Stable 20230814.2 (latest)
Raeki
Go to the options,and turn off Raw Input.Hope this helps you.
Topic Starter
Red1269_

Sunny Arc wrote:

Go to the options,and turn off Raw Input.Hope this helps you.
Unfortunately that didn't work. For some reason I actually already had raw input off, and turning on raw input didn't do anything
Slowayy_

Red1269_ wrote:

Problem details:
Whenever I unplug my laptop from the power brick, it lowers the polling rate by a ridiculous amount in osu. This makes the game basically unplayable, as my cursor drifts farther than normal. The thing is, this drifty cursor is only in osu, and it doesn't behave this way. I know that a lot of people are going to tell me to increase my laptop's power plan, but I've already tried that, and it doesn't work. My mouse is the Logitech G305, running at 1000hz polling rate. My laptop is the Acer Aspire Vero (Intel Core i5-1135g7, not the Intel Core i7-1195g7 variant).

Is there any way to trick my laptop into thinking it's plugged in when it actually isn't? I want to play osu at school but it's practiaclly impossible with this.
osu! version: Stable 20230814.2 (latest)
always gonna happens that, because when y plug off The power, The laptop gonna limit whatever is possible, to save battery, i guess if u disable the energy economy make some difference, can resolve that changing the power plan
[box]never unplug the laptop, you are ruining your battery and durability by the years