forum

[Archived] How to back up osu and what i need to backup.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
PolkMyYolk
Problem details:
Hello my Laptop reseted cause of error so i have to reinstall window and all of my files is reseted. All of my beatmap and skin, collection etc got reseted. So just in case that happened again i want to back up all of my osu file. So how and what files i need to back up and what file i need to left behind. Thx you!

osu! version: Stable 20230814.2 (latest)
Ryu Sei
At bare minimum you only need to backup Skins and Songs folder. That's how am I backing up the installation for future changes.
Topic Starter
PolkMyYolk

Ryu Sei wrote:

At bare minimum you only need to backup Skins and Songs folder. That's how am I backing up the installation for future changes.
Hmm should i copy the collection.db and scores.db aswell? I heard that both of em is also very important.
Ryu Sei
collection.db file contains your custom collection. It's not saved online, so you can do that too.

scores.db contains your score results. You can back up that file if you want to keep your local scores.
Topic Starter
PolkMyYolk

Ryu Sei wrote:

collection.db file contains your custom collection. It's not saved online, so you can do that too.

scores.db contains your score results. You can back up that file if you want to keep your local scores.
Ohh ok ty ty your a live saver!
Other than that you can just leave everything else right?
Death
If you don't want to lose anything, just backup your entire osu! folder.

Even with everything that's been mentioned in this thread so far, you'll still lose things like your local replays. Those are stored in a hidden data folder that hasn't been mentioned here yet.

If you're already planning on backing up your songs and skins, the extra space required to save everything else is negligible.