forum

[Archived] Alt-Tab Issue

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
artslay
Let me start with the backstory...
I used to have an AMD Radeon r9 270x graphics card, I played the judge normally without any problems, but then I changed the graphics card to RX 470 and the problems started.

My pc specs:
- CPU:Intel Xeon E5-2620 with 2.3GHz per core 2.0 on all cores.
- Graphics card: AMD Radeon RX470 4GB with driver 22.11.2 of 12/30
- Mouse: Logitech G102 Lightsync
- Typical monitor set to 75Hz
- Windows 10 22H2 with latest updates.

What was taken:
- Clean reinstallation of game and video card drivers.
- Disabling / enabling mouse acceleration.
- Tried to fix it in AMD Software Adrenalin (might have missed some)
- Disabling FSO (Full Screen Optimization) in BoosterX
- Run the game as an administrator / in compatibility mode with "Disable Full Screen Optimization" option enabled
- Enabling "Minimise on alt-tab during fulscreen" and other items in Layout category
- Reducing mouse polling frequency through the Logitech G HUB utility
- Disabling direct input in the game.

I will now get to the problem:
In OpenGL mode, when minimizing or Alt+Tab, the game blinks as if minimizing and unfolding. After starting the map for a second hangs, while visible to the state of the game which was before minimization, and therefore I do a miss or merge the map (as you like).
Also, when I repeatedly minimize the game does not unfold into full screen mode, staying in windowed mode before restarting the game, the mouse lag increases and it becomes very uncomfortable to play, while keeping the ms is around 0.8-1ms.
In compatibility mode on DX9 render there are blinks, but hiccups and reduced mouse lag when minimizing and maximizing are not observed. In addition, fps drops because of low CPU frequency.

Video of the problem on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/osugame/comments/xydhkz/osu_alttab_issue/

My question is. What to do? Playing in a window or any other methods will not work.
There is an assumption that it is a problem with AMD drivers as the driver number 22.7.1 has improved OpenGL rendering performance. On last R9 270x videocard this update was not available due to outdated graphics core and stopping videocard support.

I hope for help, any attempt to help is accepted, thanks.

P.S If there will be any more questions about what was done - write.
KEMONOM1M1
same issue, rx 590
-Inui Sana-
yes, amd new driver will disabled Exclusive fullscreen(enable Full Screen Optimization) and you will feel the latency,I think It is the problem of the new amd driver(Starting from 22.7.1) ,You can roll back the driver to 22.5.1 so that the problem will be solved, maybe we can report the problem with amd's official?(I do not know how to contact the amd official,sry)
5teven

-Inui Sana- wrote:

yes, amd new driver will disabled Exclusive fullscreen(enable Full Screen Optimization) and you will feel the latency,I think It is the problem of the new amd driver(Starting from 22.7.1) ,You can roll back the driver to 22.5.1 so that the problem will be solved, maybe we can report the problem with amd's official?(I do not know how to contact the amd official,sry)
THANK YOU VERY MUCH! THIS FIXED A LAG ISSUE I HAD!

Looks like AMD F'ed up its drivers somehow.
Funnily enough two of my gaming buds also had to reinstall drivers due to issues present in their games as well.

My osu! had the following issues:
- Random minimizing @ start of map sometimes randomly
(sometimes also mid-pause, seems to have happened each time a "fade" effect in the screen appeared / bg dim changed)

- Cursor feeling very sluggish almost as if VSync would be on even though a custom FPS limit was used
(Also was sluggish in unconstrained and optimal)

Reverting the driver AMD had updated itself to back to 22.5 completely fixed all issues present so thanks again!
-Inui Sana-

5teven wrote:

-Inui Sana- wrote:

THANK YOU VERY MUCH! THIS FIXED A LAG ISSUE I HAD!

Looks like AMD F'ed up its drivers somehow.
Funnily enough two of my gaming buds also had to reinstall drivers due to issues present in their games as well.

My osu! had the following issues:
- Random minimizing @ start of map sometimes randomly
(sometimes also mid-pause, seems to have happened each time a "fade" effect in the screen appeared / bg dim changed)

- Cursor feeling very sluggish almost as if VSync would be on even though a custom FPS limit was used
(Also was sluggish in unconstrained and optimal)

Reverting the driver AMD had updated itself to back to 22.5 completely fixed all issues present so thanks again!
If you need a new driver to play a new game, you can look at this, which can be installed without this new OpenGL "optimization"(It would be nice if you had a way to give feedback to AMD about this issue xD)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1m8OCsjcw-sRp1j4ufz11YhbbSJXGw30-JIjrnkPp344/mobilebasic
5teven

-Inui Sana- wrote:

If you need a new driver to play a new game, you can look at this, which can be installed without this new OpenGL "optimization"(It would be nice if you had a way to give feedback to AMD about this issue xD)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1m8OCsjcw-sRp1j4ufz11YhbbSJXGw30-JIjrnkPp344/mobilebasic
I thought reverting drivers would fix the Issue but it only was a lucky longer period of time until the problem happened again sadly.

However I had found out that enabling Compatibility Mode fixes the issue completly (at the cost of small GPU artifacts when minimizing game - does not happen if disabling compactibility mode).

Thankfully it does not reduce my FPS in any way so I'm fine with using compatibility mode for now I guess.

Also, there are no GPU/Rendering issues present in any other games, it just happened in osu! now and Im not considering custom drivers just for one game, when all others still run without issues, but thanks for the helpful tip anyway!
Curi0
Same issue here on my RX 580. Sometimes my game launches in exclusive fullscreen though. I have tried 22.5.1 and it does fix it but I do want to use the latest driver because Minecraft runs way better on it.
Topic Starter
artslay
Tuon
i'm looking for this, just took my new rx5700xt and cause this problem too