forum

[Archived] the osu! updater opens and just tells me to "close osu!" even though the game isnt open

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MrrJinxx
Problem details:
I try to launch osu! but instead of opening osu! it opens the osu! updater and tells me to "close osu! to continue" and the thing is, osu isn't even open. the only thing with osu that is open is the updater. i restarted my computer, checked the forums, checked reddit but I couldn't find anything. I opened StreamCompanion to see if anything would shoe because usually that shows what im listening to or playing but nothing show up. osu! lazer opens but i want to play on osu! stable instead because i cant gain any actual PP in osu! lazer.

can anybody help?

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: Stable 20230727.9 (latest)
Blushing
The third photo is of lazer, I am not sure if you included that to show that lazer runs fine.

It might be beneficial to find your update.log, which is found in the Logs folder within the osu! folder. You can find your osu! folder where you have your osu! stable installed to.
Topic Starter
MrrJinxx

Blushing wrote:

The third photo is of lazer, I am not sure if you included that to show that lazer runs fine.

It might be beneficial to find your update.log, which is found in the Logs folder within the osu! folder. You can find your osu! folder where you have your osu! stable installed to.
i cant find the update.log file in the logs folder, that might be the problem so do i just make a new file and will osu! fill it out automatically?

(edit)
osu just randomly opened? idk but it just now randomly opened? i just opened a .osu file with osu and the game opened, it didnt play the iconic "welcome to osu" voice line, it was just in the song menu and gave me a message saying "osu cant run this file" but atleast I can play the game