forum

[Archived] My fps drop when I play

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
noahnn
Problem details: Hi can u help me with this problem ?

The first video is at normal speed, while the second video is at 0.1 speed.

We can see my ms count goes from 3.1 to 13 ms.
3.1 ms = 1000/322.6 --> So I had about 322.6 fsp
13 ms = 1000/76.9 --> So I had about 76.9 fps

These freezes arrive without regularities and not always at the same times when I play.

I tried many things I read on the internet like removing the discord overlay.

As shown in the second video, my mouse is no longer considered when my ms increases.

My cpu is an 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-11300H @ 3.10GHz and is at 40% when I play. ( with 2 google tab, osu running in background and I’m in a Voc Discord )
I have a GPU 0 and a GPU 1
GPU 0 : Intel(R) Xe Graphics ( about 10% when I play )
GPU 1 : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Laptop GPU ( about 80% when I play )
I have 16 Go of RAM, 2 sticks of 8 Go. ( I use 8.4 Go when I play ) ( Speed : 3200 MHz )

When my game " freezes ", there is no increase in CPU, GPU or RAM

Thank you to those who will take the time to help me.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
https://clipchamp.com/watch/xHlo4Z8VxsP ( first video )
https://clipchamp.com/watch/FRcqYykhYRN ( second video )

osu! version: Stable 20230727.9 (latest)
Blushing
Are you running anything else you didn't list in the background like overwolf, geforce, anything like that? If so, I'd highly suggest trying to not run those while playing osu!.

Are you playing with your laptop plugged in? If not, please try that and see if anything helps. Also:

Have you checked the performance troubleshooting wiki to see if it helps at all?

Make sure that you have nothing but osu! open and running.

wiki/en/Performance_troubleshooting
Topic Starter
noahnn

Blushing wrote:

Are you running anything else you didn't list in the background like overwolf, geforce, anything like that? If so, I'd highly suggest trying to not run those while playing osu!.

Are you playing with your laptop plugged in? If not, please try that and see if anything helps. Also:

Have you checked the performance troubleshooting wiki to see if it helps at all?

Make sure that you have nothing but osu! open and running.

wiki/en/Performance_troubleshooting
Thx for your answer, when I playing osu there is the security of windows, discord, anti-cheat of Riot, NVIDIA settings and " NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Laptop GPU ( 0 monitor(s), 13 program(s) ) ". And I play with my Laptop plugged in.

I checked the troubleshooting wiki and I will try some things but on Youtube all people said to put Osu with unlimited fps and not Optimal like that was said in the wiki.
The Youtube chanel : https://www.youtube.com/@osutips

I restarted my pc and I no longer have the problem for now but I already tried and the problem had returned 1 or 2 days later, but my ram went from 8.4 Go to 7.5 Go when I play
Doxsiii
The same thing happened to me, but I solved it by closing the browser when I play or activating hardware acceleration (within the browser)
Topic Starter
noahnn

Doxsiii wrote:

The same thing happened to me, but I solved it by closing the browser when I play or activating hardware acceleration (within the browser)
thx for your answer, i take note of this.