forum

[resolved] Can't update any Skin files in Lazer

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SmoothCat
So I just got back into lazer and I wanted to edit my skin because I really like the new feature where you can drag around the ingame info like the health bar and ur bar, but I ran into the problem that there is no way of reloading the skin and changing it to another one and going back doesn't change anything either I even deleted the file but its somehow cached? I used the delete cache button already and even completely uninstalled lazer and reinstalled it just to find out that it just restored everything and with that the element that I deleted and doesn't exist anymore, and the funniest part is that when I export the skin I get a file with the deleted file that won't reload :)

i hope there is an solution that i just couldn't found after searching but i would greatly appreciate any help :3
Death
Skins in lazer don't need to be "reloaded" the same way skins in stable need to be. Ctrl+S will save any changes you've made in the skin editor. Exiting the editor also auto-saves.
Topic Starter
SmoothCat

Death wrote:

Skins in lazer don't need to be "reloaded" the same way skins in stable need to be. Ctrl+S will save any changes you've made in the skin editor. Exiting the editor also auto-saves.
No that is not the problem this is working fine what i meant was that when i edit the skin files the png's in the skinfolder its not loading the new png's its loading old png's that i already deleted thats the problem

PS: The only solution i just found was completely deleting EVERY SINGLE FILE of osu lazer and then reinstalling it because its the only way i found to load the new png's in my skin
Death
If you imported your skins from Stable to Lazer, the files are copied over. So if you modify the original copy in your Stable osu! folder, nothing is going to change in Lazer.

There is no way to manually modify the skin elements in the copied version, so if you want to manually modify the skin like that, you'll need to export it from stable and then reimport it into Lazer.
Topic Starter
SmoothCat

Death wrote:

If you imported your skins from Stable to Lazer, the files are copied over. So if you modify the original copy in your Stable osu! folder, nothing is going to change in Lazer.

There is no way to manually modify the skin elements in the copied version, so if you want to manually modify the skin like that, you'll need to export it from stable and then reimport it into Lazer.
wow that's really not a smart move in my opinion since other clients like mcosu are able to load the files from the osu! folder so i don't get it why lazer isn't able to do so i would have just made extra files in the lazer folder for those skin editor things but i guess there nothing i can do about it.

BUT still big thanks for helping and clearing things up :D
starchiv
If there is anyone that runs into this issue, a better work-around than reinstalling osu!lazer is simply rerunning the first time install wizard and only checking skins to import from osu! The new edited version of the old skin will appear with the same name so you'll have to figure out which one it is and delete the old one.

Or you can be smarter than me and simply delete the old skin on osu!lazer before importing the updated one.

Topic Starter
SmoothCat

starchiv wrote:

If there is anyone that runs into this issue, a better work-around than reinstalling osu!lazer is simply rerunning the first time install wizard and only checking skins to import from osu! The new edited version of the old skin will appear with the same name so you'll have to figure out which one it is and delete the old one.

Or you can be smarter than me and simply delete the old skin on osu!lazer before importing the updated one.

Thank you for that information i'll try it out later ;)