forum

Poll 17: Why do you map?

posted
Total Posts

Why do you map?

Because i want a Ranked map of a song i like.
31.06%
Because i want to get known.
4.97%
Because i want to challenge the top players.
3.73%
Because i want to express myself artistically.
23.60%
Other
36.65%
Total votes: 161
Polling ended
show more
Kanade4Life
other:
I got nothing to do...
and no one mapping music/song I like, so I try to make them and failed 8-)
[Luxord]
I just want my favorite songs ranked, at least I try to do it. :)
Cygnus
i want to increase the difficulty one player can pass through making super hard maps.
Meatstick_old

Philippines wrote:

i want to increase the difficulty one player can pass through making super hard maps.
pfffffffffffffffffff
Ekaru
To troll people by making as many shitty maps of shitty Digimon songs as I could. :roll:
HeatKai
Because i want a Ranked map of a song i like and other.
Verlaren
I map -
  1. for fun
  2. i like music
  3. i like song
cheesiest
for shits and giggles why fucking else
Andrea
That wasn't really necessary, you know what I mean.
Mismagius
That was just a way of saying "for fun". There is absolutely nothing wrong with it.
FlyingKiwi

Blue Dragon wrote:

That was just a way of saying "for fun". There is absolutely nothing wrong with it.
Are you allowed to swear in forum?
Lancelot
I would say all these answer.
Tari
Mapping is a great way to remove stress
Sorarei
the reason why i'm mapping is to make people happy, well i don't have many experience about mapping. but i will try harder

i don't like to be popular just because mapping, i just want my creation will make people happy.

not aiming to be famous
not aiming for ranked maps

always be happy for mapping :D
VINXIS

CDFA wrote:

I map because I'm bored as shit.
lol
undo
Because i want to express myself artistically. And because i want to challenge people
A Tame Wolf
I don't map but I would like to start because i want people to enjoy what I create.
I would need help starting out.
Would anyone like to help me out?
InjuredMuffin2
i just do it so i can make my own beatmaps, wish i knew how to use my own music instead of the music made my suggested artists
Baxter RM
a little late to add my opinion

I have mapped songs because I am sure there might be other people that like the same songs I like
I map songs for everyone not just myself
I want people to be able to enjoy their favorite songs
that is why I map songs

all of mine are japanese songs or korean
Chiru-kun
oh hey im late too brother

i map mainly for expression, and for the songs i love.

as of now, i'm mainly mapping one artist (though i guess im beginning to open up to other artists now). the artist uses themes which i appreciate, and i try to incorporate them into my mapping. for instance, their latest album laments on the practice of literary and musical plagiarism. i express this by looking at the famous maps when osu! gained popularity such as Highscore, a few modern maps, a few graveyard maps, and a few of my own maps. i copy ideas from those maps and blatantly copy then into the maps of the album.

i've done this two other times (one is a double-album with references of my own accross mapsets, and the other is a loosely selected set of beatmaps which try to relive my experience as a player by replicating styles from 2 years ago, but that last one is still pretty fresh with just one song on the list) but all of them are incomplete, because i cannot push myself.

this looks so self gratifying of a post hahah... if it comes across like that, nothing i can do to change your mind

anyway, that's my idea of expression. it's reliant on reference and context, so i doubt if all of them become appreciated, more so for the same reasons. also, i don't strictly implement this as i sound. i'd say it's an expression for mappers rather than for players. actually, maybe it's all just for myself.
[ Sebastian ]
I map, or at least attempt to map in Catch so that I can create something that other people could play and enjoy.

I think I'm actually close to finding that spark that makes me competent in mapping enough to get a Catch map ranked.