forum

[Archived] Osu sometimes scrolls downwards for no reason.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Renzzzi
Problem details: osu occasionally goes whack and mutes my game in the middle of my session. Then I have to restart the game. I have changed keyboards/mouse/monitor but it is still a prevalent problem. This particular bug never happens to any of my games but osu only.

Video or screenshot showing the problem: I haven't really gotten a screenshot because it happens in very random moments.

osu! version: Stable 20230326 (latest)
DropNight
I don't know how to stop it from happening but if you haven't you could try to update drivers, if that doesn't work try turning on/off audio compatibility whenever it happens, I had headphone problems before and that usually helped with temporary fixes

If you don't know where to get drivers you can just go download GeForce btw, or get it manually from the website
Namazu
I'm kind of confused since the forum title says that osu scrolls downwards but your post says that your game mutes while playing, so I'm gonna try to respond to both.

osu! scrolling down randomly without stopping has happened to me a few times in the past. What I found out worked best for fixing it was unplugging my tablet and restarting the game.

For the problem with sound though, I would suggest reinstalling osu. Since it clearly isn't a problem with any of your periphals since over games work fine.

Hope this helps! :D
Topic Starter
Renzzzi
What I meant by my game muting is when you are playing in a middle of a song it scrolls downwards so it mutes the game. I have tried reinstalling the game but to no avail, it still haunts me till this day. I appreciate your input tho

Namazu wrote:

I'm kind of confused since the forum title says that osu scrolls downwards but your post says that your game mutes while playing, so I'm gonna try to respond to both.

osu! scrolling down randomly without stopping has happened to me a few times in the past. What I found out worked best for fixing it was unplugging my tablet and restarting the game.

For the problem with sound though, I would suggest reinstalling osu. Since it clearly isn't a problem with any of your periphals since over games work fine.

Hope this helps! :D
Death
What keybindings do you use while playing?
Namazu

Renzzzi wrote:

What I meant by my game muting is when you are playing in a middle of a song it scrolls downwards so it mutes the game. I have tried reinstalling the game but to no avail, it still haunts me till this day. I appreciate your input tho
Ohhhhh okay I thought you meant it scrolls down while in the song select page. Yeah no for volume turning down on it's own I have no clue.
Unless you're using the arrows and shift as keybinds or something. I know that the sound can go down by hitting shift + an arrow key (if it's not those keys it's something similar).
It's weird that it would stay muted though. 🤔
Topic Starter
Renzzzi

DropNight wrote:

I don't know how to stop it from happening but if you haven't you could try to update drivers, if that doesn't work try turning on/off audio compatibility whenever it happens, I had headphone problems before and that usually helped with temporary fixes

If you don't know where to get drivers you can just go download GeForce btw, or get it manually from the website
I have tried those exact steps you've said but it once again just doesn't work in my end. Thanks for the input

DropNight wrote:

Death wrote:

What keybindings do you use while playing?
since i play mania i use zx12 keys to play same with catch, taiko and std.
Death
You are probably accidentally triggering this issue in that case: community/forums/topics/299015?n=1

You can try turning off NumLock and then rebinding your 1 and 2 keys (they will register as different keybindings), that may help. The other option is to find a way to prevent yourself from pressing shift with your left hand.
Topic Starter
Renzzzi

Death wrote:

You are probably accidentally triggering this issue in that case: community/forums/topics/299015?n=1

You can try turning off NumLock and then rebinding your 1 and 2 keys (they will register as different keybindings), that may help. The other option is to find a way to prevent yourself from pressing shift with your left hand.
That's a pretty convincing solution I'll definitely try that and see the outcome. Thank you :)()()()