forum

Is there a way I can upload a map using stuff from another map ( Not actual notes)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Dr Skill Issue
Im trying to make a catch map and im using data like background, timings, slider velocity from another map and making it into a different mode and I started by making a new diff of the map, But when I try to upload the new diffuclty as mine it doesnt let me. How can get around this, and im not trying to copy the map.
Jason X
To fix the "It doesn't let me upload" issue, take a look here (BSS issues)

Regarding the part, if you can use stuff from other maps, I'm not 100% sure, but I think the answer is mostly yes.
(Correct me if I'm wrong)

Background: Unless there is an indicator that the mapper made the background, you can simply assume it's from somewhere on the internet, most (if not all) maps ranked as of late to have the source linked (either in the maps description of somewhere in the discussion tab)

Timing as in uninherit (red) timing points usually aren't a problem, especially if you use the same mp3 file it's encouraged to use the same timing (bpm/offset).
If the timing of the map is rather complex (taking this map by pishifat for the example), I'd suggest to credit the mapper for the timing.

For timing as in slider velocity changes, I would take caution and rather ask the mapper for consent, especially if you are going to copy and use it as is.
(Base) Slider velocity in itself is just a setting, no one can blame you for having the same setting as in any other map out there.
Topic Starter
Dr Skill Issue
I tried using your tutorial now i cant open my map in-game but i still have the physical text file but it wont open in-game
LaymooDR

Dr Skill Issue wrote:

I tried using your tutorial now i cant open my map in-game but i still have the physical text file but it wont open in-game
Does the game crash when it is loaded? If so, you most likely have a corrupted hitobject. If you remove said corrupted hitobject, the map will be able to run.
Jason X

Dr Skill Issue wrote:

From the description of your problem I'm not sure what the cause might be, could you send me the map as a .zip file?
This way I can have a look at whats wrong.
Topic Starter
Dr Skill Issue

LaymooDR wrote:

Dr Skill Issue wrote:

Does the game crash when it is loaded? If so, you most likely have a corrupted hitobject. If you remove said corrupted hitobject, the map will be able to run.
No the map simply doesnt show up

and here is the map file, https://mega.nz/file/x3EUQZzA#Q6U9E-oFILV5_FKzKwzMGhE5HSEdiIC5AuNx6taNaKA Jason X
Jason X
Found the problem, apparently the difficulty file has been saved as .txt, that's why the game can't find it.
Simply change the file ending from .txt to .osu and the problem is resolved. (How to show file type/name extensions)
Topic Starter
Dr Skill Issue
thank you so much, you are very nice!