forum

[Archived] unable to playback video during gameplay because missing DLL files

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mas Hiro
Yep, as the title says, i came back again with the same problem, seems like, the problem was not from an old map, but it was from a missing DLL files anyway, here's the screenshot

First of all, my osu! has been transferred from my old computer to my new computer, so it may contain some really old file without my consent, maybe i should try to re-installing it again, but idk if it will work

osu! version: Stable 20230206 (latest)
Blushing
Try switching release streams first, (switch in between cuttingedge, beta, or stable). If that doesn't work you can always install osu! ontop of itself and itll download anything missing while not removing any of the current content you have
Topic Starter
Mas Hiro
i'll try it, and i'll stay updated.

Edit: doesnt work for me lemme try it again for the second time
Topic Starter
Mas Hiro

Blushing wrote:

Try switching release streams first, (switch in between cuttingedge, beta, or stable). If that doesn't work you can always install osu! ontop of itself and itll download anything missing while not removing any of the current content you have
Okay so, i've tried switching, and it doesnt work, somehow this "certain" beatmaps keeps "missing DLL" files. I checked the folder, the video was there and somewhat, it still doesnt works
Blushing
Have you tried downloading osu! On top of your current install?
Topic Starter
Mas Hiro

Blushing wrote:

Have you tried downloading osu! On top of your current install?
Yes i've done that step, as i stated "i've tried switching", its still doesnt work. I have to tell you that this "missing dll files" occured only on a certain beatmaps.
Topic Starter
Mas Hiro
Okay. So the problem still continues, it happens on a certain map that have an actual working video on the folder, just for me that i couldn't play it, it also results in Force Quitting of osu!
Domco
If you can figure out how to reproduce the issue then we can fix it. We need info such as what map does it happen on and when exactly? Do you have osu! in default location? What is your operating system and do you use an antivirus?
Topic Starter
Mas Hiro

Domco wrote:

If you can figure out how to reproduce the issue then we can fix it. We need info such as what map does it happen on and when exactly? Do you have osu! in default location? What is your operating system and do you use an antivirus?
Gladly, i need time to recall what maps that causing the DLL troubles, because i encountered not only once, but in a lot different maps. I do remember that it was probably an old maps ranging from 2014-2016 there are some in the range of 2017-2019 but i need to remember it again. I have my osu! in my Data D as in External Harddrive, the thing is, the problems occured when i changed my internal hard drive to External hard drive (it was from a really old laptop. i snuck out the Hard drive from my laptop to turn it into some kind of External Hard drive). my operating Windows is windows 10 and no i did not use any antivirus at all, i rely mostly on windows firewall
Topic Starter
Mas Hiro
Hi, im sorry i just answered, because IRL stuff and some sort of that. But i come in with a conclusion:

1. The video playback is weirdly didn't work on Compatibility mode (which is im not surprised) since i played with compatibility mode turned on without knowing the true effects of it (FOR 5 YEARS WOW) and it makes the video playback got an error with the the picture below

2. turning on and off Compatibility mode RESOLVED every issue during the video playback and the video works correctly without any problems

3. I still dont know why Compatibility mode gives an error like that, but whatever it does, im turning off my compatibility mode FOREVER

Im sorry for the late answer and this all-recent news. But i wish if there's a player that has the same rare (?) problem as i am, this might work for you