forum

[Archived] Lose pp after update

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Juzykun
Problem details:
I lose for about 400 pp after updating my osu lazer. My previous total pp is 1239 and now it's 814, I've tried to calculated all of my top plays and it should still worth around 1.1k.
I also lose my profile accuracy which might indicate some of my plays were removed, you can see on my profile ranking graph where there is sudden drop after i lose my pp after the update, is it because of the score update?

osu! lazer 2023.605.0
dowotdashdotdot
yeah same here... using the API to get my top 100 scores and doing the math i should still have 530PP but now have 460. WTF???????
wowcake
This indeed might be a result of the recent ScoreV2 switch as the new default scoring system in osu!(lazer) that just got released in a recent update.
dowotdashdotdot
bruh aint no way scorev2 just said a D rank with 110 misses and 56 combo is better than a B rank with hard rock, 120 combo and 10 misses...
this is my first time getting scoreV1'd and WOW i understand why people get so angry about this game now lol
oh well, this is what i signed up for by playing lazer first and stable second, so now stable feels off to me...
wowcake
Those scores are out of place, you can read more about it here: https://github.com/ppy/osu/issues/23782#issuecomment-1583991833

As stated there, it's hard to make them comparable, and keep in mind, things might still change in the future as this is pretty much still experimental in its current state.
Topic Starter
Juzykun
So does that mean I can't snipe my old top score on top 50 leaderboard because it still showing scorev1 scores instead of the new scoring scorev2. And also nerfed pp on my older plays
wowcake
Quite unsure for now, maybe after the time where the old lazer scores are wiped in the leaderboard.

As for plays being nerfed, that is just how it is with ScoreV2 having a (slightly?) different algorithm for PP compared to the old scoring system.