forum

[Archived] Audio Progressively get's more and more out of sync

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
GOMI-B

Problem details:

As the title says, the audio gradually gets out of sync. At first the audio is fine, but slowly over time it get more and more out of sync. This has been going on for months now.

I don't know if its's a problem with osu! Lazer, or if it's something on my end.
I have tried to look for other posts about this problem,
but the only posts I find are either really old, or It's not the exact problem I'm having.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

The Video Don't have any audio. I don't know why Nvidia ShadowPlay refuses to capture my audio, But you can see that Before I restart the game I have an accuracy of around 50%, and after I restart osu! It jump up to 95%.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeALo34vl6Y

osu! version: 2023.605.0-lazer
Death
https://github.com/ppy/osu-stable-issues/issues/306

That issue is in the osu-stable-issues repo but also impacts lazer to my knowledge. There may be some workarounds in there that help. Some people seemingly were able to resolve the issue, but others weren't.
Topic Starter
GOMI-B
This is kinda what I’m struggling with, but not exactly. The game gets progressively de-synced, instead of the maps.

If I open up osu! and start to play, the first couple of maps are going to be fine. But the more maps I play, the more delayed it gets.

It’s usually very gradual, but not alway.

After a while of playing I just notice that I have bad accuracy, but not to the point where I think there is something wrong with the game, I just assume that I’m bad. But at some point It get so out of sync that I get suspicious.

So to test if the game is out of sync, I play some maps that I have played many times before, my go to is “Santa San”.

If my accuracy is trash I restart the game (Which always fixes the audio sync) and test to see if my accuracy stays the same.

The maps don't get progressively out of sync as I play them, but the game gets progressively out of sync over the span of multiple maps.

Maybe I should ask on Github?
Death
Still sounds like the same underlying problem. You can probably try some of the workarounds in the thread to see if any of them work for you. As mentioned, some did for a few of the people who posted there.
Topic Starter
GOMI-B
Yeah, I'll give them I try. Hopefully they work (。◠‿◠。)