forum

[resolved] Stuck at Creating Package

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
wddg
I wanted to upload my mapset which has a few difficulties. There is no problem with the file size since I didn't get a warning when I tried to upload it. But when I do try to upload the mapset, it gets stuck at creating package and I'm unable to upload it. If anyone can help me I'd be grateful.
Jason X
I've looked through older posts with this problem, here are some ideas

- Check if there are any non-supported files in your songs folder (Anything that isn't audio/video, .osu/.osb, or the background/storyboard elements).
- Check if every file name in your songs folder is in English letters. (no Unicode/letters not found in the English alphabet)
- Check if one of your file names is different from the rest. (screenshot of what I mean)

-If already submitted before (updating the map): Check if your difficulties have a different BeatmapSetID.
(For this simply choose the "Open in Notepad" option from within the editor, or double click the .osu file from within the beatmaps folder.
- If this is a new upload BeatmapID should be 0 and BeatmapSetID should be -1.

- Delete the submission cache
The Data folder is hidden by default, here is how to show it.
From Google:
Open File Explorer from the taskbar. Select View > Options > Change folder and search options. Select the View tab and, in Advanced settings, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives and OK.
[/url]cO/d85f857ea2.PNG]Screenshot (In German but at least you know where to click)

There also is this guide, though it refers to a different problem it might also help.

If the above doesn't solve the problem let me know.
Also, if you could upload the map externally (google drive, MEGA, etc) I (and others that might look at this thread) could help look for the problem.
Topic Starter
wddg

Jason X wrote:

I've looked through older posts with this problem, here are some ideas

- Check if there are any non-supported files in your songs folder (Anything that isn't audio/video, .osu/.osb, or the background/storyboard elements).
- Check if every file name in your songs folder is in English letters. (no Unicode/letters not found in the English alphabet)
- Check if one of your file names is different from the rest. (screenshot of what I mean)

-If already submitted before (updating the map): Check if your difficulties have a different BeatmapSetID.
(For this simply choose the "Open in Notepad" option from within the editor, or double click the .osu file from within the beatmaps folder.
- If this is a new upload BeatmapID should be 0 and BeatmapSetID should be -1.

- Delete the submission cache
The Data folder is hidden by default, here is how to show it.
From Google:
Open File Explorer from the taskbar. Select View > Options > Change folder and search options. Select the View tab and, in Advanced settings, select Show hidden files, folders, and drives and OK.
[/url]cO/d85f857ea2.PNG]Screenshot (In German but at least you know where to click)

There also is this guide, though it refers to a different problem it might also help.

If the above doesn't solve the problem let me know.
Also, if you could upload the map externally (google drive, MEGA, etc) I (and others that might look at this thread) could help look for the problem.
The problem was the BeatmapID and the BeatmapSetID. I have changed them and I was able to upload the map. Thank you! This was very helpful!