forum

Making a beatmap; what do i do for the other difficulties?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
witherrz
Hello! Hope that this isn't a redundant topic. I've been mapping a song in around 4* for a while now, but I have no idea what to do for the other difficulties. I've seen maps that have difficulties that seem to have been made by different people (e.g. "wa's insane" or "stapler's advanced"). Are these beatmaps collaborated among friends or is there somewhere I can post my beatmap for people to chime in?

If my beatmap ends up only having 1 difficulty, would it be less likely that it'd be ranked?

Sorry for the onslaught of questions, haha. This is my first map so I really don't know what I'm doing.

[Cover unrelated]

Scott Was Here
Zelzatter Zero
You can also make your own actually. GDs were mostly bcs ppl usually didn't have much time or effort to bother complete the set themselves.

Mostly the one who did GDs are their friends or someone they know, but you can also get GDs through either Mapping Projects or Modding Queues (or at least that's what I remembered, last I check I don't really see anyone offering GDs in Modding Queues)

Unless the drain time and your difficulty allows it, yes it's unrankable. You can refer to Ranking Criteria for threshold reference, particularly this: wiki/en/Ranking_Criteria/osu%21#general

Ranking Criteria wrote:

If the drain time of each difficulty is...
  1. ...lower than 3:30, the lowest difficulty of each included game mode cannot be harder than a Normal.
  2. ...between 3:30 and 4:15, the lowest difficulty of each included game mode cannot be harder than a Hard.
  3. ...between 4:15 and 5:00, the lowest difficulty of each included game mode cannot be harder than an Insane.
  4. Break times may be combined with drain time to meet the above thresholds. For the highest difficulty, this is limited to at most 30 seconds of break time. This does not apply to difficulties with less than 30 seconds of drain time.