forum

what are some good tips that I need before I start mapping?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DannyWanny13
I would like to start making beat maps, but I don't know how to start. It feels really confusing.
Jason X
There are some guides in the Mapping/Modding: Guide Compendium that might be useful, especially pishifat's YouTube series is worth having a look at.

If you need help finding your way around the beatmap editor I suggest this video from pishifat.
Other than that I can only offer the knowledge to avoid old songs (pre-2000) and live versions, as timing those can be tricky/borderline impossible.

If you have a specific question I might be able to provide a better answer than this :|
Feel free to message me in-game/here on the website or reply here in that case :)
Topic Starter
DannyWanny13

Jason X wrote:

There are some guides in the Mapping/Modding: Guide Compendium that might be useful, especially pishifat's YouTube series is worth having a look at.

If you need help finding your way around the beatmap editor I suggest this video from pishifat.
Other than that I can only offer the knowledge to avoid old songs (pre-2000) and live versions, as timing those can be tricky/borderline impossible.

If you have a specific question I might be able to provide a better answer than this :|
Feel free to message me in-game/here on the website or reply here in that case :)
thank you! you answered all of my questions :D