forum

How to set the beatmap's BPM offset correctly?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MrAro
I mean, how can you tell if it should be for example 155 ms or 156 ms? It's extremely difficult to hear a difference in 1 ms.
lewski
I doubt anyone can tell if the offset is off by 1ms so you don't need to worry about that; we don't even consider hit objects unsnapped if they're off by less than 2ms

in practice, if you can get within 10ms of the correct offset, it'll be fine for the vast majority of players anyway, so personally I don't stress about it too much

if you can't, don't worry, you'll get better with practice. it can also be helpful to use a skin with really clear hitsounds while timing; placing some circles and listening to them tends to help me more than the metronome in the timing tab

plus if your target audience is skilled enough to actually recognise single-digit offset errors, you can just ask one of them to check your offset if your hands and ears aren't precise enough
Leviathan

MrAro wrote:

I mean, how can you tell if it should be for example 155 ms or 156 ms? It's extremely difficult to hear a difference in 1 ms.
use the offset you prefer, theyre barely different to each other and an average player probably wouldnt notice