forum

i can't upload a bg video to my osu beatmap.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
novakk
i was trying to play around aspire, but i cant upload my 2,6gb video. Is there some sort of limit? and if there is how do i bypass it?
Jason X
Yea no, 2.6 GB is out of the question.

There is a limit to uploads:

wiki wrote:

Beatmaps will fail to submit if they exceed the online file size or difficulty limit. The file size limit is 5MB plus an additional 10MB for every minute of beatmap length, and it caps at 100MB. The difficulty limit is currently 128.
Wiki entry
Topic Starter
novakk
Yeah but that would imply i would like to submit a map, what if im just trying to play around, but the video just doesnt go into the map, it just gives off a menu click and sometimes a video playback error
Jason X

adim2222 wrote:

Yeah but that would imply i would like to submit a map, what if im just trying to play around, but the video just doesnt go into the map, it just gives off a menu click and sometimes a video playback error
Well, the title of the thread does say "I can't upload...", so that is the assumption, yes.

Still, even when you don't plan on uploading it I highly doubt osu allows a file this big.
osu has to load and sync the video every time you start playing that diff/enter the editor, which can lead to serious performance issues, as the whole video has to be cached for this duration.

You can try to compress the video, but I don't think it would make much of a difference on a file this big.
Topic Starter
novakk
Oh oops guess i mistyped