forum

[Help] How to change hit sound when mapping in osu!lazer?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
siriusmart
I'm new to mapping in osu, actually new to osu in general. I'm facing problems when making beatmaps, but most tutorials I found are on the classic osu, not osu lazer. Most of them references to a setup menu that exists on both osu and lazer, but the options I need to change is not on lazer.

So what I want to do is to change softer hit sound, or turn the volume down. They are extremely loud by default and are drowning out the music. How can I do that in lazer? If it is possible.

---

Also, there are some other issues I want to ask for help:
  1. There are no breaks (idk if that's how you call them) in blank periods, how do I add them? They are not automatic right? They don't seem to appear on my local beatmap save.
  2. The score board does not appear after I play it, and is only visible in replays? Do I need to manually mark the end of the song for it to appear? Or is it again a local beatmap thing?
  3. The design tab says "design mode is not ready for use, please check back a bit later", does it mean my beatmap is missing something? Or is it not implemented? Is it anything important?
---

Ty in advance.
lewski
in lazer, there should be a label underneath each object that says something like "normal 100"

if you click the label, you can change the bank name (more commonly called "sampleset" because that's the term used in stable) as well as the volume. if you have multiple objects selected (notably, you can select everything by pressing Ctrl+A), you can change them for all selected objects at once

currently, though, lazer unfortunately doesn't tell you which samplesets are actually valid, so you'll just have to remember that the currently existing ones are called "normal", "soft", and "drum", with soft being the most commonly used one

as for the other stuff
  1. I don't think adding breaks is implemented in lazer at all yet; in stable there are both automatic and manual options for breaks and you have some control over the timing of the background dim/undim as well, whereas in lazer I can't even find a button
  2. not sure what u mean by score board here, screenshots would help
  3. the design tab isn't implemented in lazer yet, nothing to worry about there. it's also only really used for storyboarding, so depending on whether that interests you, you might not necessarily find yourself using it at all even after it's implemented
Topic Starter
siriusmart
I was able to change the hit sound to the three flavours and turn down the volume.

I don't need design tab that's fine, and I'll just leave the breaks out blank which is also fine I guess. The score/result doesn't display when "test" playing, what was I expecting.

So that's all clear, thx.