forum

[Resolved] Timing help, please?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Serilly
For transparency: I'm new to osu! mapping but I've made StepMania charts before, so timing isn't something I tend to struggle with.

So this song is giving me a bit of trouble as I have confirmed I have the BPM right and my offset is roughly correct, however it tends to get derailed quickly on some measures and then quickly back in time.

I suspected this was a time signature issue, which led to me finding official sheet music from the song's artist that says it's in 4/4 with a 16th note swing. How can I accurately time this?

This is a bit of an odd song to be having timing issues, it's only 3 minutes long and for the most part it's just a stable 200 BPM, but these parts are giving me such a pain trying to deal with, so I thought I'd ask for any input here. Would much appreciate any help!
Zelzatter Zero
personally i feel like the offset should be around 8-10ms later. other than that, everything's fine.
Gsun
community/forums/topics/1762010?n=1 You should talk to this guy in his forum post.
Topic Starter
Serilly

Zelzatter Zero wrote:

personally i feel like the offset should be around 8-10ms later. other than that, everything's fine.
That sounds better, thanks! Most of the timing weirdness I could hear was during mapping (which I've discarded to restart, but I digress) so it very easily could have just been weird lag issues with osu haha. The metronome sounds fine in the problem sections now.