forum

I'm not improving, help.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
minpinmo
I have been playing 4 star maps for a while now, ever since I cannot play harder maps, so I started to practice more playstyles but it doesn't make me play better.
Any tips?
oh also my top score is just manip
Pckables
If you're just looking for general performance improvement:
Just keep playing maps you can get higher than a 93% on and you'll slowly improve over time.
If you want to improve in one keymode, keep playing that keymode. You'll improve faster at 4K by playing 4K. If you want to improve in all keymodes that's fine, but know that you're spreading out your skill set really thin.

If you're talking about your Rank:
You've got a lot of farm maps in your top scores, which means you likely won't see further rank increases unless you aim specifically for more farm maps.
Stomiks
I'd suggest you to stop playing pp maps entirely and focus on playing maps that target specific skills like LNs, jumpstream, jacks, etc. Be sure to push yourself outside your comfort zone and play maps of your appropriate difficulty. And try to lessen the amount of retries you make for better conistency.
rei et
Stop playing PP maps, take breaks when you need to, play lots of streams, jacks, tech, etc
[LS]destimb
I know exactly what you're going through lol. it still happens to me - i'll stay a certain skill level for a very long time and wonder if i'll ever improve again, but i keep playing and every time i ALWAYS improve, no matter how much i think i wont lol.

It's more a matter of if you can be patient. people overcomplicate improving at the game. although it's a bit of a meme, it's quite true that the only way to improve is by playing more. if you just keep playing you will always improve at some point. don't overthink improving, once you stop thinking so much about it you will improve faster than you ever did before.