forum

How do I increase my left hand's speed?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
cell20527
Hi! I had recently gotten myself into 4k mania. To be honest, I enjoy this game mode way more than standard. Although every time I play, I feel as though my left hand is definitely slower than my right. I'd assume that this is because I'm right handed and I don't necessarily use my left hand for things. But its annoying when I'm in the middle of a stream and my left fingers go completely stiff (fingerlocking is what I believe its called?) or it just cant keep up with the speed. Is there anything I can do to improve the speed of my left hand? Any tips or tricks are appreciated!
Glorion90
Well, I had the same problem with yours, but a few weeks ago I just found out how to improve your left hand but I'm not guaranteed it 100% works, but maybe it 80% work if you practice it consistently for a few weeks. So you choose any standard map but you must use mania mode, at first it will be a 7k/5k map, so you need to change it to 2k at Mods (Idk what the mode named is but its place at the bottom left). So it's the same as you playing std mode but the difference it is mania and you can more focusing to improve your left hand.

Btw you need to change your 2k keybind first.

( And I'm truly sorry for my stupid bad English, I hope you can understand it and I hope it helps for you also )
Hoshimegu Mio
Start tapping with your left fingers randomly when you're not playing the game.
Miekhi

cell20527 wrote:

Hi! I had recently gotten myself into 4k mania. To be honest, I enjoy this game mode way more than standard. Although every time I play, I feel as though my left hand is definitely slower than my right. I'd assume that this is because I'm right handed and I don't necessarily use my left hand for things. But its annoying when I'm in the middle of a stream and my left fingers go completely stiff (fingerlocking is what I believe its called?) or it just cant keep up with the speed. Is there anything I can do to improve the speed of my left hand? Any tips or tricks are appreciated!
Since you're still fairly new to mania your speed will improve from just playing more.
but if you want to speed up that process a bit and prevent injuries I recommend doing these exercises every hour or after your mania sessions. I've been using them for couple weeks now and my speed has improved by quite a bit.
Poptont
keep playing and dont worry about it it will get faster over time
DeltaNami
Everyone has a bias in their hands as far as I know. It's just something you have to deal with, but it might help to prevent it from getting worse. I usually try to focus more on exerting my left hand during dense patterns to make sure it's not falling behind and that usually gets it up to speed eventually.
catzlucky
play some slow 2-5min stamina streams(id say around 140-1
70bpm), and practice higher bpm once your hands are comfortable with the speed of the streams
Spin__
To compensate for hand bias, I started doing daily tasks (e.g. brushing teeth) with my left hand, and after a week or so it improved my dexterity in that hand.
midgy

Delta386 wrote:

Everyone has a bias in their hands as far as I know. It's just something you have to deal with, but it might help to prevent it from getting worse. I usually try to focus more on exerting my left hand during dense patterns to make sure it's not falling behind and that usually gets it up to speed eventually.
not necessarily some people are ambidextrous! it's not that common though
Eisokin
play morw
Stomiks
My man this was a year ago
Eisokin
ma man still 1.8k needs motivation
Stomiks
My man I don't think the guy is playing anymore
Eisokin
never lose hope for ruining someone’s life
Stomiks