forum

[resolved] Osu: Files Not Compatible

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
onixy
Problem details:
I recently downloaded a 22+ gb map pack, the maps inside the folder was in "file folder" type compared to correct file version ".osr".

This caused some Problems:

Mainly;
I can no longer drag the file directly into osu to import the said files.

So I did some digging and found out I was supposed to coppy and paste the files directly to the song folder. Which made sense since the songs in that folder was the same type as the one I downloaded. But to my dismissal it didn't work, I pasted it in logged back into osu and nothing happens.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

Issue No.1

https://imgur-archive.ppy.sh/discord/785395570293997578-1100374589709762622-image.png

The Files I downloaded

https://imgur-archive.ppy.sh/discord/1100291217301979208-1100369402089709628-image.png

The Files I coppied into the Folder

https://imgur-archive.ppy.sh/discord/785395570293997578-1100375277055516692-image.png

osu! version: Stable 20230206 (latest)
Ryu Sei
.osr files are not osu! beatmaps. It's a replay file.
Topic Starter
onixy

Ryu Sei wrote:

.osr files are not osu! beatmaps. It's a replay file.
oh i was suppose to send a .osz files mb
Ryu Sei
That file must have mistaken as the beatmap from the uploader.

Either way, can you import the rest or your beatmaps?
Topic Starter
onixy

Ryu Sei wrote:

That file must have mistaken as the beatmap from the uploader.

Either way, can you import the rest or your beatmaps?
nope i couldnt import the files downloaded, i tried the whole file it didnt work
Blushing
So, you drag and dropped the song folder into the /Songs/ Folder in your osu! folder? Did you get any error(s) when you went to reload your song database in the client?

edit: sorry im dumb and put skin database when i meant song database.
Topic Starter
onixy

Blushing wrote:

So, you drag and dropped the song folder into the /Songs/ Folder in your osu! folder? Did you get any error(s) when you went to reload your skin database in the client?
It didnt show any eror but i didnt reload :P
Blushing
You need to manually reload the song database with either F5 or relaunching the game. If that gives any errors please let us know.

edit: once again I typed skin database when I mean song database.
Topic Starter
onixy

Blushing wrote:

You need to manually reload the song database with either F5 or relaunching the game. If that gives any errors please let us know.

edit: once again I typed skin database when I mean song database.
Thanks! it seems to worked though now the maps I downloaded says it isnt ranked. Is it just a visual display error or-
Blushing
Are you sure the map is ranked in the first place? Sending a screenshot of something similar would be helpful
Topic Starter
onixy

Blushing wrote:

Are you sure the map is ranked in the first place? Sending a screenshot of something similar would be helpful
sorry for the late response, I re-extracted it and it seemed to fix the issue ^^