forum

[Archived] Game stuttering badly

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mommy Aztra
My game just randomly started having horrible fps problems out of nowhere, however other games are fine. I get more fps in Minecraft with shaders.

I currently have an A4-5300B and GT1030.
I know they suck but I shouldn't be having this bad of fps.

osu! version: Stable 20230326 (latest)
spencer1404
Try using compatibility mode (you can enable it ingame in the renderer options section)
If compatibility mode doesn't work:
- Update your Graphics card drivers
- Make sure your osu! is fullscreen and not borderless or windowed
- If you have any background apps (like discord) close them or disable hardware acceleration (if the program supports it)
- Make sure your power saving settings at least on balanced or high performance
- Make sure you HAVEN'T set you osu! to Realtime in task manager
If Nothing here works then as a last resort, uninstall the game and possibly even factory reset your pc (if you want to keep your osu! data then make sure you back up the songs, skins, screenshots, replays, and export folders).
Topic Starter
Mommy Aztra

spencer1404 wrote:

Try using compatibility mode (you can enable it ingame in the renderer options section)
If compatibility mode doesn't work:
- Update your Graphics card drivers
- Make sure your osu! is fullscreen and not borderless or windowed
- If you have any background apps (like discord) close them or disable hardware acceleration (if the program supports it)
- Make sure your power saving settings at least on balanced or high performance
- Make sure you HAVEN'T set you osu! to Realtime in task manager
If Nothing here works then as a last resort, uninstall the game and possibly even factory reset your pc (if you want to keep your osu! data then make sure you back up the songs, skins, screenshots, replays, and export folders).
So to start this off, Compatibility mode makes it worse. My drivers are all up to date. My game is in Fullscreen mode. I have no background apps open. My power plan is on High Performance. Osu! is set to high in Task Manager. I have deleted and reinstalled the game not to long ago and the problem is still happening. I'm not gonna factory reset my PC because it takes too long, and it's just Osu! that has this problem.

Edit: I forgot to mention that this problem is only in focused, when unfocused I have a solid 30 fps with 33ms
spencer1404
when osu! is unfocused the game runs at 30fps to save on resources.
as for the stuttering, do you have many tabs open? try just literally closing as many programs as you can using task manager. this worked for someone else with very similar specs.
Topic Starter
Mommy Aztra

spencer1404 wrote:

when osu! is unfocused the game runs at 30fps to save on resources.
as for the stuttering, do you have many tabs open? try just literally closing as many programs as you can using task manager. this worked for someone else with very similar specs.
I get more fps unfocused than focused, when focused I get an unplayable 2-5 fps with about 300-1000ms
spencer1404
have you tried using just windows borderless or windowed mode?
Topic Starter
Mommy Aztra

spencer1404 wrote:

have you tried using just windows borderless or windowed mode?
It makes no difference, I have even taken the game off of optimal and I get 120 fps solid when unfocused and still unplayable when focused.
spencer1404
maybe just try uninstalling a reinstalling then. Sounds like a weird issue your having but it will probably be fixed after a reinstall.
Topic Starter
Mommy Aztra

spencer1404 wrote:

maybe just try uninstalling a reinstalling then. Sounds like a weird issue your having but it will probably be fixed after a reinstall.
I have tried uninstalling, I have stated that above already