forum

[Archived] I can't seem to load a skin, shows the default skin instead

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Logan0324_
Problem details:
I can't seem to load the 'if there was an endpoint' skin, and it shows up as the default skin instead, and when I try exporting to .osk it says I can't export the default skin?

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
https://imgur.com/a/n10yQOK

osu! version: Stable 20230326 (latest)
Death
Can you post a download link to the skin?
Topic Starter
Logan0324_

Death wrote:

Can you post a download link to the skin?
https://www.mediafire.com/file/gvc6ee11q8zzq4l/-%2523KW-%2521_If_there_was_an_endpoint..osk/file

also resolution is 1440x900
Death
Seems to be working fine for me at all resolutions.

Can you try restarting osu! if you haven't since making this post? The behavior your experiencing could probably occur if the skin was deleted while the game was still open.

If you've already restarted, what do you see when you click "Open current skin folder"?
Topic Starter
Logan0324_

Death wrote:

Seems to be working fine for me at all resolutions.

Can you try restarting osu! if you haven't since making this post? The behavior your experiencing could probably occur if the skin was deleted while the game was still open.

If you've already restarted, what do you see when you click "Open current skin folder"?
have restarted and downloaded multiple times, the "open current skin folder" directs me to a random file for some reason?? specifically my "User" file on Mac
Death
Oh, so you're running osu! via Wineskin then? Right click on the osu! app, select "Show Package Contents", then navigate to "Contents/Resources/drive_c/osu!/Skins" and look for the folder that has the same name as that osk file. Once you've found it, check to see if it has any contents in it, perhaps it didn't extract correctly.
Topic Starter
Logan0324_

Death wrote:

Oh, so you're running osu! via Wineskin then? Right click on the osu! app, select "Show Package Contents", then navigate to "Contents/Resources/drive_c/osu!/Skins" and look for the folder that has the same name as that osk file. Once you've found it, check to see if it has any contents in it, perhaps it didn't extract correctly.
it has the complete content, with both low res and high res pngs
Death
Can you try removing the "-", "#", "!", and "." from the folder name?