forum

[Archived] osu using 90 - 100% of my gpu

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kjar_jar
Problem details:
not too long ago i had switched to a new pc . so i imported my osu folder from my old pc to my new one . i didnt notice this until recently when i tried to record my gameplay in streamlabs obs . osu runs fine when im in the menu or scrolling thru songs but as soon i play a song my gpu usage shoots up to 90% and i dont know why .

my old pc had an i7-8700k , a 2060 super and 32 gb of ram . and my new pc has an i9-10900k , a 3080 and 64 gb of ram so i dont know why it would have any problems running osu . would it be a problem with my osu settings or something else?

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
https://youtu.be/OIVDbpjxl8M

osu! version: Stable 20221104.2 (latest)
Death
What frame limiter are you using?
Topic Starter
Kjar_jar

Death wrote:

What frame limiter are you using?
unlimited
Death
Set it to optimal instead. Unlimited will cause the game to constantly use as much of your system resources as possible, which is not necessary.
Topic Starter
Kjar_jar
ok thx i didnt know it did that ... i had it set to unlimited on my old pc and it didnt give me any problems so i thought i could keep it the same
Explosion_MEOW
hmm...the problem is I set it to optimal but my gpu usage still super high.
I dont think is my RTX2060's broken or smth.
Exagol

Explosion_MEOW wrote:

Same! I have set my frame limiter set to Optimal, but my 3070 is still at 100% even in the main menu.
reimu_u
same issue here with 3070

Exagol wrote:

Explosion_MEOW wrote:

Same! I have set my frame limiter set to Optimal, but my 3070 is still at 100% even in the main menu.