forum

[Archived] Mouse Stuttering

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
32cringes
Problem details:
My cursor has started to stutter when I'm playing osu, and sometimes leaving out actions I did with my mouse in game (0:10 in the second video), and overall my gameplay has become much more jerkier than before. I've tried other fixes in threads but none of them have worked (full screen check, replacing batteries, restarting & reinstalling, unlimited fps setting, raw input on windows, etc), but none of these fixes have worked. Any help?

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
https://youtu.be/7Man-capYSg (no stutter)
https://youtu.be/35H_9kVCVME (stuttering)
osu! version: Stable 20230326 (latest)
Ryu Sei
Have you tried changing your mouse's poll rate?
Topic Starter
32cringes
It says my mouse's maximum polling rate is 133hz, and I lowered it to 125hz from inserting the receiver into my computer, which helped a little bit, but I'm not sure if it will go any lower than this setting. My mouse is the m720 logitech mouse btw.
spencer1404
Do you have another mouse you could use to test the stuttering with?
If so, try that and uninstall your current Logitech mouse drivers and software if you've installed any.
Mouse polling rate can affect the performance of your game but it's so low that it doesn't really make sense.
okkayowoyakko
I have this problem where my cursor occasionally freezes in place for a split sec while the map is still playing especially in multi. It mainly happens from lag tho
Topic Starter
32cringes

spencer1404 wrote:

Do you have another mouse you could use to test the stuttering with?
If so, try that and uninstall your current Logitech mouse drivers and software if you've installed any.
Mouse polling rate can affect the performance of your game but it's so low that it doesn't really make sense.
I have a really old dell mouse which feels weird aiming, but the stuttering seems to be gone (wired btw). I'll try reinstalling my mouse drivers when I have some free time.

Edit: Issue randomly fixed itself without me doing anything, I'm guessing it has something to do with multiple devices around me using bluetooth or some internet related issue.