forum

Average PP?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Lunaa2548
So I was just wondering about what the average PP is? I would like to think I'm slightly above average (though I could be COMPLETELY wrong on that) since I play high 4* and low 5* maps. My PP is 3,358 and I have no idea how good I actually am at the game. I understand numbers the best, which is why I mentioned PP, but there isn't really a lot of information out there about what's considered average, below average, and above average.

Not to mention, the little info I could find on it is way outdated, some reaching all the way back in like 2016-2018 whereas a lot of competative games, like Brawlhalla, have it pretty well known what is around average. In Brawlhalla's case, it would be gold rank in the ranked gamemode.

If anyone has any insight on a good metric, that would be really great since improvement is what keeps me motivated to play and I'm really just curious how much I have been able to improve since I started playing in October.
Pckables
Probably not an easy question to answer, since you have to take into account that most people stop at some point, and PP is something static you build up over time, not something constantly maintained.

I imagine an easier way to look at this would be "Whats the average PP people tend to stop at?", which would probably look like a bell curve if it was graphed out.
Still no idea how you'd find that answer, though.
midgy
i'd probably guess gold equivalent to be around rank 10-20k so like 5k pp
Topic Starter
Lunaa2548

midgy wrote:

i'd probably guess gold equivalent to be around rank 10-20k so like 5k pp
If 5k PP would be average, then I am WAY more below average than I thought D:
midgy
nah you're quite close, try playing dt and ht for extra pp if you really want to farm
Topic Starter
Lunaa2548

midgy wrote:

nah you're quite close, try playing dt and ht for extra pp if you really want to farm
What's DT and HT? D: Also, by close you mean close to average, right?
AstalFanBoy
stop worrying about pp who cares it's just some number that doesn't even say how good you are
Stomiks

Lunaa2548 wrote:

midgy wrote:

What's DT and HT?
Game modifiers that either makes the game faster by 1.5x (DT) or makes the game slower by 0.5x (HT)
Topic Starter
Lunaa2548

Stomiks wrote:

Lunaa2548 wrote:

midgy wrote:

What's DT and HT?
Game modifiers that either makes the game faster by 1.5x (DT) or makes the game slower by 0.5x (HT)
thank you for clarifying!
Stickman92
Isn't ranked in almost all games filled with people who take the game seriously. For an average, you gotta include the average player instead of looking at only osu!mania enthusiast.

I assumed the average player is familiar with the osu!mania, but not good at it yet, somewhere around 2*-4*. No clue how that translate to PP, definitely less than 5000 PP.
midgy

Lunaa2548 wrote:

Also, by close you mean close to average, right?
yea

Stickman92 wrote:

I assumed the average player is familiar with the osu!mania, but not good at it yet, somewhere around 2*-4*. No clue how that translate to PP, definitely less than 5000 PP.
maybe it's lower then there's no real way to know, just what i thought would be equivalent to a gold rank not the average. in my mind someone at gold rank knows the game decently well
Topic Starter
Lunaa2548

Stickman92 wrote:

Isn't ranked in almost all games filled with people who take the game seriously. For an average, you gotta include the average player instead of looking at only osu!mania enthusiast.

I was just mentioning ranked since that is, from what I saw, increases your global rank and gives PP. Plus, those are the main maps that I play for the most part.
UltraBlack
3k is average. My opinion
Stomiks
I personally think the average is like 4.5k-5k pp based on my 1 year of playing. There isn't much info to go off of though.

Kinda off-topic, but you can use this website to check how much pp would equal to a certain rank.
Stickman92

Lunaa2548 wrote:

Stickman92 wrote:

I was just mentioning ranked since that is, from what I saw, increases your global rank and gives PP. Plus, those are the main maps that I play for the most part.

My bad, I wasn't clear.

I didn't mean osu ranked maps. I meant games like brawhalla / RSS / LoL / etc. Games with a competitive ranked gamemode. Osu doesn't have any competitive ranked mode, so comparing it to those type of games can be difficult, midgy did pretty gud.

My point was being rank 10k-20k with 5000 PP ain't the average player. It's what Midgy said above. An Osu equivalent to a brawhalla gold ranked.
Reyalp51
idk like 9cm?
Topic Starter
Lunaa2548

Stickman92 wrote:

Lunaa2548 wrote:

Stickman92 wrote:

My bad, I wasn't clear.

I didn't mean osu ranked maps. I meant games like brawhalla / RSS / LoL / etc. Games with a competitive ranked gamemode. Osu doesn't have any competitive ranked mode, so comparing it to those type of games can be difficult, midgy did pretty gud.

My point was being rank 10k-20k with 5000 PP ain't the average player. It's what Midgy said above. An Osu equivalent to a brawhalla gold ranked.
I think I worded my original post wrong, lol. I wasn't comparing it as in like comparing ranks to amount of PP but I was just using it as an example that it's widely known and easy to find what the average player sits at in terms of their ranked status, should they choose to play competatively.
midgy
what do you really mean by "average", it can be a pretty subjective term, i would say you seem to be playing really well for only been playing 6 months if that's what you mean
Pckables
Problem is, i don't think you can measure an average of something that only ever increases, and remains even when the user has quit.
Stickman92
Total PP across all players / total no. of players = average PP across all players that have played ranked in osu!mania, this includes active and inactive players.

Note, that's just an average across all players.
_______

If you just want a good metric to measure your progress, then just use your old scores. If you play a song with 92% acc and come back a month later with 96% acc. Then you've made measurable progress.

If you got 95% acc playing a song in peak condition. Then 2 months later, you get a similar acc while feeling stiff & groggy. You've improved.

If the same song feels easier to play a month later and acc is the same, you've still improved.
rei et

Reyalp51 wrote:

idk like 9cm?
depends on the country
Stomiks

dumbkurttt wrote:

Reyalp51 wrote:

idk like 9cm?
depends on the country
It's 10cm here in my country
Reyalp51

Stomiks wrote:

dumbkurttt wrote:

Reyalp51 wrote:

idk like 9cm?
depends on the country
Damn asians are packing
cypherusuh
PP doesnt really mean anything, especially since it can be "farmed" by playing bunch of *1-2 anyway

IMO the real metric that you could use is whats your average difficulty? I think average players stuck around 3.5-4.2 since thats where the dense stuff happens on 4k, and it requires more stamina to clear with good accuracy

as a 7k main, the average is around 2.5-3.6 I reckon, as that range introduced lots of "patterns" with okay density.
Stomiks

Reyalp51 wrote:

Stomiks wrote:

dumbkurttt wrote:

Reyalp51 wrote:

idk like 9cm?
depends on the country
Damn asians are packing
Aren't the ones in your country 13cm?
Reyalp51

Stomiks wrote: