forum

[Archived] hit sounds are delayed after adjusting offset to correct time

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
KIKA_old_1
Problem details:when i first installed the game the beat wasnt on time so i adjusted the offset but now the hitsounds are delayed and i have been playing with the hitsounds muted since it throws me off. is there any way to fix the delay?

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: Stable 20230206 (latest)
Death
What audio device are you using? If you're using headphones, what kind?

Please check your audio settings through Windows (right click on the audio icon in your task bar) and disable Spatial Sound, Surround Sound, or any other audio enhancements you may have enabled.
Topic Starter
KIKA_old_1
i use a soundcard called "evo 4" , i use wired headphones and my driver's upto date, i havent enabled any audio enhancements either
Death
If you bypass the evo 4 interface you are using and just connect your headphones directly to your PC, does that help?
Topic Starter
KIKA_old_1
i tried doing that as well, theres no improvements ;-;
Death

KIKA_old_1 wrote:

i havent enabled any audio enhancements either
Just to confirm, do you simply not recall enabling any audio enhancements or did you actually go into your Windows sound settings and check? 99% of the time when I've seen this exact issue in the past, it has been caused by surround sound or spatial sound.
Topic Starter
KIKA_old_1
i have checked all of my inputs and outputs, i have multiple, i went on each of them and individually disabled audio enhancements since i already had tried searching for a solutions in the forums and on reddit. im still experiencing the very same delay, and there's been no improvements :c
i do have my speakers connected to my soundcard but they're turned off, i use my headphones..