forum

What's the best way to get better at click speed?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Lunaa2548
The question is simple: how do I get faster at tapping my keys??? I try and play maps where the pattern isn't difficult itself, but the notes are so close together (even if I turn my speed up) that I just cannot click as fast as I need to. What would be the best way to improve in this regard?
Pckables
Keep playing speed maps that you can still get above 90% on.
Practice keeping your hand relaxed, not tensing too much.

Depending on your keyboard, the faster you need to tap, the less you need to push the button down. I've noticed that when I hit some especially fast streams, my fingers don't even feel like they actually pressed anything.
My keys are pretty raised though. If you're using something more akin to a membrane keyboard, it's probably more about not lifting your fingers so high.
Topic Starter
Lunaa2548

Pckables wrote:

Keep playing speed maps that you can still get above 90% on.
Practice keeping your hand relaxed, not tensing too much.

Depending on your keyboard, the faster you need to tap, the less you need to push the button down. I've noticed that when I hit some especially fast streams, my fingers don't even feel like they actually pressed anything.
My keys are pretty raised though. If you're using something more akin to a membrane keyboard, it's probably more about not lifting your fingers so high.
do you have any maps youd recommend? gonna just have to get used to not tensing up too im guessing
Pckables
A couple that stuck out to me:
Disconnected Trance
The Fool
Deathmask Divine

Also the Icyworld Goodies Packs tend to have maps that lean on the faster side.

Speed is one of those things that tends to improve with the rest of your skills, the things I recommended above are just best-practice mania techniques.
Wimpy Cursed
I just play DT on stream or jack maps to increase my tapping speed, without tensing my hand

Edit: beatmapsets/950937#mania/1985897
You might this map for tapping speed. You can change the bpm on osu trainer or just do DT on this
Stomiks
Jack off a fuck ton without any tensing or harderning of your arms. Jack maps are especially good for me since it really required me to tap in very difficult timing windows.
Stickman92

Stomiks wrote:

Jack off a fuck ton without any tensing or harderning of your arms. Jack maps are especially good for me since it really required me to tap in very difficult timing windows.
That first sentence tho, quite the confusion it caused.

I think you meant to call it Jackhammer.
Stomiks

Stickman92 wrote:

Stomiks wrote:

That first sentence tho, quite the confusion it caused.

I think you meant to call it Jackhammer.
So there's many terms for jacking off huh? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
_Reset

Stomiks wrote:

there wasnt any better way to word that?

ot: try stamina or jack maps
Topic Starter
Lunaa2548

Res_ett wrote:

Stomiks wrote:

there wasnt any better way to word that?

ot: try stamina or jack maps
thank you so much, ive been trying but i feel like i need to start practicing them at a lower * than i actually play. but ig with that i can also force myself to learn not to tense up too lol
[DJ]Robsao
I recomend play every shoegazer maps (4k) almost all maps have rates (underated)