forum

[resolved] Computer crashing and BSOD while playing osu!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
An_Appl
Problem details:
While playing osu!, usually after 2 to 30 mins of playing everything will freeze and either a black screen will appear forcing me to restart my computer or a blue screen of death would appear. My computer can run other games perfectly fine (Rainbow 6, COD, Minecraft) but for some reason this game will typically crash my computer.

It may be driver issues but as far as I know but i'm wondering if there is another fix for it.

Computer specs:
AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (AF)
2x8 GB 3200mhz RAM
Gigabyte RX5600XT Gaming OC
1TB hard drive
120GB SSD

Radeon Software Version: 20.2.2
osu! version: Stable 20200427.2 (latest)
Death
What is the stop code you are getting?

An_Appl wrote:

It may be driver issues but as far as I know but i'm wondering if there is another fix for it
Either this or it's some Windows or hardware issue (or maybe a different piece of software you have running?). osu! itself should not give you blue screen.

Without any sort of information on the blue screen (so take this with a grain of salt), my first guess might be a power issue if this only starts happening when you've been playing for a while. If your frame limiter is set to unlimited, it might help to change it to something else to limit your GPU's load.
Topic Starter
An_Appl
Changing the frame limiter seems to have fixed it for now, so thanks for the help!
Death
If that works, might be a good idea to try reinstalling your graphics drivers. Make sure your GPU is also receiving enough power from your power supply.

While using unlimited isn't typically recommended, the increased load on your GPU still shouldn't cause a blue screen, if anything it should really just cause poor performance or similar.
DingBang
I just noticed that my computer has only started blue screening after I installed osu. I have been having similar black screens and it was only after I installed osu!