forum

How to actually add hitsounds

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MellowMarshed
I'm new to mapping and I'm tryna practice with know how to add the hitsounds from the samplesets osu has to offer, and rn I wanna add a whistle/drum/clap to some of the circles I place, but can't to seem hear it even though I clicked on the whistle/drum/clap buttons on the side. I also set the sampleset and additions (upper left) to normal just so I don't get confused on what's going on.

But yeah, general question is I wanna add the hitsounds where you can hear the whistle/drum/clap but can't seem to add it nor hear it happening.
Zelzatter Zero
Maybe check your skin? The reason for that is some skins put the same/similar sound for all sampleset to serve for more consistent feedback in gameplay, but mapping wise this will gaslight you into thinking you did not add anything. Best bet is to hitsound with default skin on.
lewski
based on the profile pic, the problem seems to have been solved over Discord, so here's a summary of the mechanics of hitsounding for anyone who might be looking for the answer in the future:

lewski wrote:

1. you select an object and either click the buttons on the right or use the corresponding hotkeys (W, E, R)
  2. you can select heads, tails and bodies of sliders separately by clicking on the specific part with the slider selected (the part will turn red if you're using the default skin)
  3. you can also change the samplesets (affects both hitnormals and whistles/finishes/claps) and addition sets (only affects whistles/finishes/claps, not hitnormals) on individual objects through the dropdowns on the left
Gsun
What I also like to add is that after you get the hitsound you want for the specific object, move to another part of the song, and then move back to that specific hitsounded object and play it over to see if the hitsound is actually in that object.