forum

[resolved] Music and input cutting out in the middle of the song.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Nightquaker
Hello there :3
I've been having a very rare, but annoying and a rather gamebreaking problem in Osu! for a while now.
The sound and input are cutting out in the middle of the song, for no reason. It happened in 2-3 beatmap out of couple hundred for me so far.
The bug happens at exact same part of the song every time and appears not only during the session, but also in the preview, at which point the song restarts.
The bug happens on the same few beatmaps. It doesn't appear randonly on random maps and disappear randomly on ones that had it. It appears on different parts of different beatmaps (doesn't happen after at the same point of the song on all beatmaps).
Here is an example video with Envy - Paladin beatmap, which can be found there https://osu.ppy.sh/s/109525

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9MiTC_O40o (the Youtube embedding doesn't seem to work for me).

Skip to 2:55 to get right to the problem and also avoid the crappy performance.

It also happens on the Big Bang - Fantastic Baby beatmap that can be found here https://osu.ppy.sh/s/49942
This problem persists for several stable versions, including the latest one.

P.S. The issue appeared couple other beatmaps, but I forgot on which ones exactly. I'll update the thread on that if necessary.
MillhioreF
This looks like what happens when your audio device vanishes in mid-song. If you're using headphones, it's possible they're coming loose and no longer being recognized by osu! or Windows for a little while, which throws everything off.
Topic Starter
Nightquaker

MillhioreF wrote:

This looks like what happens when your audio device vanishes in mid-song. If you're using headphones, it's possible they're coming loose and no longer being recognized by osu! or Windows for a little while, which throws everything off.
Updated the thread with additional info. Specifically, "The bug happens at exact same part of the song every time and appears not only during the session, but also in the preview, at which point the song restarts.
The bug happens only on the same few beatmaps. It doesn't appear randonly on random maps and disappear randomly on ones that had it. It appears on different parts of different beatmaps (doesn't happen after at the same point of the song on all beatmaps).
So it is definitely not related to my audio hardware, because in that case it would happen on random maps at random time, which it doesn't.
Sorry for not explaining the issue in more detail when creating the thread and thank you :3
Topic Starter
Nightquaker
Bumpy bump? I really want to play some of the songs I'm not able to play and would really appreciate any help in resolving the issue :3
Topic Starter
Nightquaker
I have resolved the problem. Previously, when I redownloaded the beatmaps, the bug still persisted, but I decided to give it one more go yesterday and redownloaded maps once again, which resolved the issue this time around. Thread can be closed and thank you :3
Trosk-
That's odd... Well, marking as resolved then.
itschives
Got on just in time I guess, I have this same issue. Just like Nightquaker it only happens on certain songs at certain parts of a song. The sound goes horrifically static sounding and FPS goes extremely crazy almost coming to a screeching halt all in a 2 second period of time. I did notice this only happens on songs where there are many tightly grouped notes, one example being Liar by One Ok Rock on hard. I'm an audio nut so I don't know if my audio settings have anything to do with it but they are set as high as they can possibly go. I can give more detailed info on these settings but I don't think it's the audio settings since it only happens with certain songs.
Topic Starter
Nightquaker

itschives wrote:

Got on just in time I guess, I have this same issue. Just like Nightquaker it only happens on certain songs at certain parts of a song. The sound goes horrifically static sounding and FPS goes extremely crazy almost coming to a screeching halt all in a 2 second period of time. I did notice this only happens on songs where there are many tightly grouped notes, one example being Liar by One Ok Rock on hard. I'm an audio nut so I don't know if my audio settings have anything to do with it but they are set as high as they can possibly go. I can give more detailed info on these settings but I don't think it's the audio settings since it only happens with certain songs.
The issues seems quite different from the one I had, have you tried different versions? Fallback stable or cutting edge. Anyway, it would probably be better to make a new thread on the issue, to make tracking the problem and its solution easier and more efficient, and since this thread is about different problem and therefore, is irrelevant. Not to mention it being marked as resolved as well.
itschives
Yeah probably should make a new thread, i can't change to anything but stable fallback, mac version is locked on it, i haven't had the issue for a bit but i will do some more tests
JetCrafttt
Im having the same issue as yours. It's been 7 years and it hasen't been resolved yet and I just got this problem minutes ago. Is anyone still there having this issue? i don't wanna be the only one.
- Marco -
Hi, please Write a New Topic for your issue