forum

[Archived] Getting less pp

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
sumero
Problem details:
I'm not that familiar with Osu so I wanna ask why the pp I get is lower on my profile stats than what I'm actually getting.

I don't know if I'm saying that right but for instance, just now I did a 111pp play and it weighted 91pp but the profile stats says I only gained around 30pp. Does that make sense? It went from 1,747pp to 1,775pp.

Another example is when I did a 102pp play (HD) I got 1pp and it doesn't even show in my top 100 best performances.

So I'm just wondering if there are more deductions on total pp or something that I don't know yet because I am completely clueless.

osu! version: Stable 20230206 (latest)
Death
The other scores in your best performances have their weights slightly reduced when you set a new score, so your net gain (i.e. what you say on the results screen) will not be exactly what the score is actually contributing to your overall pp.
Topic Starter
sumero

Death wrote:

The other scores in your best performances have their weights slightly reduced when you set a new score, so your net gain (i.e. what you say on the results screen) will not be exactly what the score is actually contributing to your overall pp.
Right, thank you. But why doesn't it show up on my top plays? The Ghost HD play I have pinned on my profile
chromb
You can't have 2 scores on the same map in your best performance (unless you use DT). As for why the pinned one didn't replace the top one, I'm confused myself. Looks to me like it should have.
Death
You have a score worth more pp that's using a different mod combination in your best performances already.

You can have a score submitted for every combination of mods on a beatmap, but only the one worth the most pp will contribute to your overall pp and appear in your best performances.

Idk what that stuff about DT is in the post before mine. DT is not special in any way with respect to the above, and you can't have two scores on the same map in your best performances even if you use it.