forum

[Archived] Name changes..

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Luna The Duck
I just have to ask real quickly... I am a transfemme and ofc I do not like my current osu username, will I get a special exception if I email them asking for a change as I heard you can only get your name changed with money or in "special circumstances"
Jason X
You get a free name change with your first purchase of a supporter tag (the cheapest option being 4 USD), for minor changes to your username you can also message accounts@ppy.sh
kanocchi
The accounts team will only accept your request if what you're requesting is something minimal (e.g. minor capitalisation or grammar/spelling changes). Other than that, the only way to get your username changed is by buying osu!supporter (the first namechange comes free with it!)

Also, keep in mind that creating another account to get rid of your username is against the rules, and will end up getting your account restricted. (wiki/en/Rules)
Death
If your current username contains your real name/deadname, go ahead and email accounts@ppy.sh anyway and explain that to them.

The two prior posts are generally correct, but to my knowledge the accounts team will change your name for you if it violates your privacy (which it seems like it may in this case).