forum

Force Skin (Always use selected/default skin) [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
DeathSystem
First of all, I don't know if this has been suggested or not but heck..

What I'm suggesting is an option to always use the skin you have chosen. Because some of the maps come with a skin, and that skin the map is using takes over the skin the player is chosen from the options and forces you to play with the map skin.

I see there's an option to "Always use skin cursor" that lets you use the cursor of the skin the player has chosen. But there's no option to use the skin you have selected, so then the player is forced to play with the skin that comes with the map downloaded.

I'm not saying that the skins that come with the maps are not good but, if you get used to a skin you have, it's kinda hard to play with an unexpected one.
Card N'FoRcE
As far as i remember, it was suggested a LOT of time ago and always denied.

To be sure, wait for someone who remembers better than me.
Wishy
A map forcing it's own skin is completly retarded to begin with, and even more retarded are maps where you delete the map's skin and IT FORCES default one, unless ofc you have a trigger to force your own skin in every damn map.

Adding a pop-up in the first play of the map saying it has a custom skin and you might want to try it out would be a good detail though. With first play I mean when you are like loading the map completly, the same circumstances that make the epilepsy thing pop up.

And yes probably this was suggested a trillion times and always denied, and you don't have to be soft DRS, most map custom skins are just shit and nobody plays with them after hitting a single note.
Card N'FoRcE
Oh man, not this debate again.
There's no need to throw out our different opinions in here, we discussed this already.

You all know what the previous thread became so there's no need to start the discussion here again.

I have no real problems with those getting added (as i stated in that thread), but at the end it will still be up to peppy to decide if he wants to add such toggles or not.
Topic Starter
DeathSystem
I understand, I'm completely OK with it if the skin doesn't have a toggle etc. But there are some maps that when you don't have the skin installed, it gives you a popup message saying something like: This map uses <this skin> but you don't have it.
Ayeen_old
i tend to ignore it, doesn't bother me much anyway
ziin

DeathSystem wrote:

I understand, I'm completely OK with it if the skin doesn't have a toggle etc. But there are some maps that when you don't have the skin installed, it gives you a popup message saying something like: This map uses <this skin> but you don't have it.
When that happens it uses your current skin. Is there a problem?

I agree with you (I'd like to have a skin toggle) but this has been denied in the past. It's a miracle that we can force the cursor (there was an entire thread about that too).

The whole point of custom skins is that the mapmaker wants to instill a little bit of art into his or her work, and make the map the way s/he thinks it should be played. Replacing the beatmap skin with something else goes against that and is going to be removed in osz2, so you may as well not get used to deleting the skin.
Topic Starter
DeathSystem

ziin wrote:

DeathSystem wrote:

When that happens it uses your current skin. Is there a problem?

I agree with you (I'd like to have a skin toggle) but this has been denied in the past. It's a miracle that we can force the cursor (there was an entire thread about that too).

The whole point of custom skins is that the mapmaker wants to instill a little bit of art into his or her work, and make the map the way s/he thinks it should be played. Replacing the beatmap skin with something else goes against that and is going to be removed in osz2, so you may as well not get used to deleting the skin.
No, it doesn't cause any problems, I don't know why I mentioned that :P

Yeah I agree to the part where it's art, cause I'll be creating beatmaps soon someday if I have time :)

By updating to osz2, do you mean the whole thing is gonna be patched? The storyboard along with the skin?

Oh boy... I better get a new computer before that happens >_<
Shael_old
1+, always wanted this, replacing it manually is always bad >.<
Derekku
Not sure who marked this as Added, but it's been denied in the past and requested dozens of times. Please see peppy's request thread for more information.
Topic Starter
DeathSystem

Derekku wrote:

Not sure who marked this as Added, but it's been denied in the past and requested dozens of times. Please see peppy's request thread for more information.
Roger that, will do next time ;)