forum

[Archived] Cursor Jittering Issue while Tablet Hovering

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
LeeGod
Problem details:
So recently I'm facing this issue, which is cursor randomly jittering horizontally or vertically, the issues appeared after one month when switched from CTL-4100 to CTH-480, The issue does not happens immediately when I switched to CTH-480, it's doing prefect until one day the issue start happening, and the issue still remains after I bought a new tablet (CTL-472)

And this issue happens NOT only in osu!
So probably not an osu settings issue

It's cool about the issue that sometimes when you do nothing the jitter space is very small, but after you move quickly, the jitter space starts increase until touching the screen edge, and when you stop doing anything, the jitter space will slowly decrease, like WTF

What I've tried:
1. Reinstalling HawkuTabletDriver
2. Use OpenTabletDriver
3. Use normal Wacom driver (latest and old by other recommendation)
4. Changing ports
5. Open up pen case and clean it
6. Unplugging/disabling mouse in case it interfered
7. Using FixMyPen tool (Everything's marked - GOOD)
8. Disabling some of the electronic devices around my tablet or moving them away
6. Bought new tablet lol (CTL-472)

Some Settings everyone talked about:
- Sensitivity: 1.0x default
- Native Input: disabled

This issue isn't just *annoying*, it's simply made the game SO unplayable, if you have any idea please tell me, I would be very appreciated!

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEdDOFo3MEU

osu! version: Stable 20201110 (latest)
Machine: MSI P65 Laptop
Operating System: Windows 10
Tablet: CTH-480 and CTL-472
Driver: tried HawkuDriver, some fork of HawkuDriver, OpenTabletDriver and original Wacom Driver
lacto
When using hawku-drivers make sure that the normal wacon-driver is totally disabled (uninstalling it is recommendable). I'm not sure what is causing this, I'll do some research tho.

EDIT: Have you tried playing drag?
Topic Starter
LeeGod

-Milk- wrote:

When using hawku-drivers make sure that the normal wacon-driver is totally disabled (uninstalling it is recommendable). I'm not sure what is causing this, I'll do some research tho.

EDIT: Have you tried playing drag?
I think my tablet-driver is totally disabled, search "wacom" in windows search and go to services.msc, there is no Wacom services

And yes I tried, with dragging it's works perfectly, but now my main play style is hovering, if I couldn't hover i will be like a 7 digits lol
lacto
Is the problem only in your PC?, have tried other tablets or your tablets on other PCs
Topic Starter
LeeGod

-Milk- wrote:

Is the problem only in your PC?, have tried other tablets or your tablets on other PCs
nope, that is the only thing I haven't tried, since I don't have any other pc to test for now, of course I will try it on other PC if I can have access to them
lacto
So you have 3 tablets 4100/480/472, and you are only having this problem on the last 2 ones. Am I right?

I just can think about two causes. One being that you are not using the pens corresponding to their tablet (Not a tablet problem because it's very unlikely that you got 2 of 3 tablet with a manufacturing flaw). And the other being a PC issue (But we won't know until you try on other PC)
Topic Starter
LeeGod
4100 has been sold immediately after i got 480

and 480 was purchased from ebay, the seller claims that the tablet is new, I also think that the issue was from the tablet,
that's why I purchased 472, it's brand new from wacom shop

And every pen is corresponding to their tablet, I don't even know how to pair different pen to different tablet tho

So I guess it's 99% PC issue, but I don't know is it hardware issue? or could be system/settings issue
lacto
Are you using Win10? If so, try disabling entirely "Windows Ink Workspace", just google how to do it.
Topic Starter
LeeGod

-Milk- wrote:

Are you using Win10? If so, try disabling entirely "Windows Ink Workspace", just google how to do it.
Alright, Now I disabled "Windows Ink Workspace" by following the tutorial (https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disable-windows-ink-workspace-windows-10)

But it doesn't seem to make any differents
Tykork
What fork did you try? Did you try the devocub fork with the antichatter filter enabled?
Topic Starter
LeeGod

tykork wrote:

What fork did you try? Did you try the devocub fork with the antichatter filter enabled?
I did try devocub fork before but never used "anti chatter filter", and with that enabled, it does make the space of jittering smaller, but you can still feel the jittery jumping but just the software trying to fix the position, doesn't feel like solving the issue
Tykork
Well that is pretty much what antichatter does, average out the cursor position. You could try increasing the strength of the filter if you think it helps somewhat as a band-aid.

Have you changed anything about your setup recently? For example I recently saw a post where it turned out that a wireless charging mouse pad caused the cursor to jitter iirc, but it looks like you have thought about most of that stuff though.. Like -Milk- said it would be a good idea to try the tablets on another PC (if possible) to confirm if your PC is causing the issue or not.
Topic Starter
LeeGod
i did change my setup like adding a tablet cover, but that happens a while back ago, I don't really changed anything at that time, so hmm maybe the only way I can check is to try other PC, thanks for helping anyway!
jojodioo
I'm having a similar problem with the CTL-480. I've used it for months without issues (except the normal shake when hovering too far but that's expected). However today it started shaking like never before. While before the cursor would shake randomly a bit around a center point, now it shakes horizontally or vertically, drawing big lines on the screen. It happens when quickly moving, tilting the pen. My area is 100x56mm, happens with any area anyway. Did you figure out how to fix it?

I have the same exact issue reported here:
https://github.com/hawku/TabletDriver/issues/127
video:
https://youtube.com/watch?v=MvzciDAf8Q0&si=EnSIkaIECMiOmarE&t=12

Update: found the problem and the fix

Pressing any of the buttons on the pen (2 side buttons and pen tip) will cause it.
The problem in my case was the tip would randomly get stuck just enough to register a slight press even if i was not pressing it at all, use OpenTabletDriver debug to check the pressure sensor.
The solution is removing the tip, cleaning it with some IPA and hoping it doesn't get stuck anymore.