forum

[Archived] osu randomly stutters after updating nvidia drivers

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Appetible
Problem details:
Hi,
I've recently updated my graphics driver to version 527.56 and while playing I noticed some random stutters, the ms bar goes up to 1-something ms causing me to miss most of the times, and being pretty annoying overall.

I already had the same issue other times while updating the graphics driver but I managed to fix it by uninstalling the current driver with DDU and reinstalling it + putting low latency mode to ultra on the nvidia control panel.

I tried doing the same thing this time but with no success, already tried compatibility mode, reduce dropped frames, fullscreen optimizations etc. etc. but nothing worked, unfortunately.

If someone knows how to fix this please let me know, thank you for your time.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
https://streamable.com/eqz7vq (spikes are noticeable at 00:03 and 01:06 but less visible on 60fps, by playing on 144hz it's much more annoying)

osu! version: Stable 20221220.1 (latest)
CloudBeater
Hey,
did you find a fix for it?

I have the same exact issue.

Around 1.X ms spikes,
graphcis driver version 527.56
osu! version: Stable 20230101.2

I also tryed DDU / clean install already.

Happy to know if someone knows a fix.

Edit:
Ok I fixed my issue.

First, I looked with ctrl + f11 in osu what the problem is. the spikes that I saw were SwapBuffer spikes (swapbuffer spikes mean something else on your pc might be doing something).

So I went to my task manager -> details and click on CPU to show highest to lowest.
Now I played a map with the auto mod and waited till I saw a spike again.
When the spike happened I saw that at the same time "nvcontainer exe" also was doing something and when the spiked stopped it dropped again as well.

"nvcontainer exe" has something to do with GeForce experience (my guess look for updates but idk.) so I uninstalled GeForce experience.
And uninstalling it fixed my random spikes.

Maybe this will help you and others as well.