forum

[Archived] alt tab bug?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
aqutan1
Problem details: Whenever I alt tab my screen sort of freezes or gets stuck, i can still click on the game and stuff, just frozen though.

Video or screenshot showing the problem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__99H0_1ej0

osu! version: Stable 20221220.1 (latest)
Death
What graphics card and driver version are you using? Should be able to find both of those in GeForce experience, which you appear to have installed.
Topic Starter
aqutan1

Death wrote:

What graphics card and driver version are you using? Should be able to find both of those in GeForce experience, which you appear to have installed.
I have a 1050 Ti, and the graphics drivers im using is the GeForce Game Ready Driver version 527.56
Death
Did you update to that driver version recently or have you been using it since they were release on 12/8?

Is compatibility mode enabled or disabled in osu!'s settings?
Topic Starter
aqutan1

Death wrote:

Did you update to that driver version recently or have you been using it since they were release on 12/8?

Is compatibility mode enabled or disabled in osu!'s settings?
I updated it recently, but i was having this issue before i even updated the drivers, I have compatibility mode off.
Topic Starter
aqutan1
bump
Death
Sorry, missed your last post. Try enabling compatibility mode to see if that does anything.
ily2
I know your using 1050 drivers for nividia but check if any other apps opened or running in background have alt tab binded. if so, close or rebind them.

-krys
Topic Starter
aqutan1

Death wrote:

Sorry, missed your last post. Try enabling compatibility mode to see if that does anything.
compatibility mode works, but my fps drops and im getting stutters.
Death
If compatibility mode works I would just try reinstalling your graphics card drivers entirely then. Or try rolling back a version instead.
Topic Starter
aqutan1

ily2 wrote:

I know your using 1050 drivers for nividia but check if any other apps opened or running in background have alt tab binded. if so, close or rebind them.

-krys
I forgot to mention this but this also happens when I do Win+Tab

Death wrote:

If compatibility mode works I would just try reinstalling your graphics card drivers entirely then. Or try rolling back a version instead.
I tried that, didnt help. If this can help, every time I launch up the game, I start up with lower fps also, and when I press the insert key, and reopen up the game, my fps is fine and the alt tab bug goes away
Death
You tried both reinstalling and rolling back a version?
Topic Starter
aqutan1

Death wrote:

You tried both reinstalling and rolling back a version?
yes, i also tried messing with the properties of the exe file
Death
What did you change? Probably shouldn't be necessary to change anything there ever.

Can you actually try going back further than one driver version, perhaps all the way back to version 522.25? Some other people with a similar issue to you said that version worked so I'm curious to see if it works for you as well.
Topic Starter
aqutan1

Death wrote:

What did you change? Probably shouldn't be necessary to change anything there ever.

Can you actually try going back further than one driver version, perhaps all the way back to version 522.25? Some other people with a similar issue to you said that version worked so I'm curious to see if it works for you as well.
Well I reverted the changes when it didnt help, but I tried disabling full screen optimizations in compatibility.
Monsterpoof
Try pressing Insert button, it closes osu but if you open it, it saves all your stuff you did.
Topic Starter
aqutan1

Monsterpoof wrote:

Try pressing Insert button, it closes osu but if you open it, it saves all your stuff you did.
That's what I usually do, but it was getting annoying how I had to do that every time I open the game. Also, that version driver did fix my game so thank you!