forum

[resolved] Sending hundreds of osu maps

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
v0t3d
Problem details: So my friend switched to a new PC and lost all his osu maps, and i want to somehow send him all my maps.

My initial thought was to copy all my maps and put it in a zip file so I could email it to him. But when i tried to make the zip folder, it tells me japanese characters weren't allowed in zip files, and of course half of my maps have japanese characters in them so that wasn't really an option.

Does anyone have any ideas on how i can send my friend my maps??

update: he put the zip file i sent him into the songs folder in osu directory and got all his maps back no problem :)

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: Stable 20230101.2 (latest)
Jason X
The fastest way for him would be to download beatmap packs.
Other than that you could use any cloud service (like Google Drive for example), but this would be rather time-consuming as you'd need to export every map as osz file, (for both storage and importing)
Death
Jason X provided the only alternative solution I can think of which is to upload the beatmap folders to Google Drive (you don't need to export them as osz files to do this), but I'm confused as to how half of your beatmaps seemingly have Japanese characters in them. Did you download them from some third party source? Are all of your beatmaps unsubmitted?

I have 10,000+ beatmapsets and none of them have Japanese characters in their folder names. Artists and titles should not have any unicode in them, there is a specific "ArtistUnicode" and "TitleUnicode" field that beatmap creators can set for that purpose, and those fields will not appear anywhere except in game.
Topic Starter
v0t3d

Death wrote:

Jason X provided the only alternative solution I can think of which is to upload the beatmap folders to Google Drive (you don't need to export them as osz files to do this), but I'm confused as to how half of your beatmaps seemingly have Japanese characters in them. Did you download them from some third party source? Are all of your beatmaps unsubmitted?

I have 10,000+ beatmapsets and none of them have Japanese characters in their folder names. Artists and titles should not have any unicode in them, there is a specific "ArtistUnicode" and "TitleUnicode" field that beatmap creators can set for that purpose, and those fields will not appear anywhere except in game.
Oh, I checked the map it mentioned and it turns out that it was the only one with japanese characters... thanks for the help
Death
Ah okay, that makes a lot more sense then.