forum

[Archived] Discord Rich Presence not working correctly

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
saladpoo
Discord used to show what song I was playing, the mode I was playing, my user, rank and etc. Now it still says I'm playing osu. But doesn't say any of the extra things. I also can't invite people to multi lobbies through Discord because of this.

Before
https://imgur.com/8T7AguW

Now
https://imgur.com/3qICrVh

Edit: I have just tried reinstalling osu! and Discord but neither have seemed to fix the issue.

osu! version: Stable 20221011.3 (latest)
Windows version: 21H2 (OS Build 19044.2130)
Death
Do you have "Discord Rich Presence" enabled in osu!'s settings and all of the options enabled in the "Activity Privacy" section of Discord's settings?
Pacify
yea alot of people are dealing with this issue. Myself included. I hope theres a fix
Aerousea
i thought only me having this problem nice
WhiteCab
me too
Domco
We cannot reproduce this issue, what windows version are you on? Make sure that in Discord settings inside "Activity Privacy" you have "Display current activity as status message" and "Allow friends to join your game" enabled.
ImTog
me too ...
Curi0
Same problem for me I'm on Windows 10 21H2

Everything in Discord's Activity Privacy is enabled
Topic Starter
saladpoo

Death wrote:

Do you have "Discord Rich Presence" enabled in osu!'s settings and all of the options enabled in the "Activity Privacy" section of Discord's settings?
I do. I have tried many things but it still does not seem to work.
Shiori Koto
same problem...
eksvi
i have the same problem
karnibal
same problem
dawndice
same issue
-Kori
same over here
and not only with the rpc, but with osu! connecting to discord in general

edit: it randomly started working again so ty to whoever fixed it :)
Domco
Are you perhaps starting Discord after you start osu! and not before?
Aerousea

Domco wrote:

alright my rich presence was back somehow, thx if u guys were fixing the problem or sth
Topic Starter
saladpoo

Arushii09 wrote:

Domco wrote:

alright my rich presence was back somehow, thx if u guys were fixing the problem or sth
same
HatsuneNiku
I'm currently having the same issue. I tried all of the suggested solutions and none of them have worked
Fohbliv
I hope this isn't necro, I was also having this issue and easily solved it by running osu! as an administrator. Hopefully that helps someone.
lunchZA
Fohbliv helped me thx!
Ryu Sei
I think the issue is because the RPC didn't register successfully for the first time, so running as admin helps. See if it's broken the next time you run osu! as regular user.