forum

osu! users fans

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +4
Topic Starter
Mastodonio
If the similar topic has already been created,then I am sorry..

Well,why not. It's interesting to have fans in osu - some mappers,players and simple users may deserve it :-> For example,you come in my page and you see there option 'Giorgos' fans' - 2 people - you press it and you see : Mr. White , Mr. Black.
so you can see if you have your own fans,or not - I think some people will have A LOT of fans then *cough* Cookiezi *cough* ) And if you want,you can 'hide your fans' in settings.

What do you think about it?
TKiller
this sounds hilarious, but makes some sense at the same time
lkjl23
Louis Cyphre
I support this, nah i don't have any stars D:
Mismagius

future wrote:

plz be my fan! I will star your map! :D
nice idea though.
Topic Starter
Mastodonio
I hope that it won't lead to such things like : - "star my map and I will become your fan" , BD :-) It doesn't make sense to do this,because people often ask to star maps for nothing - and people do it for nothing )
Ijah_old
If this gets added, we all know the outcome...
Topic Starter
Mastodonio

Ijah wrote:

If this gets added, we all know the outcome...
I've already mentioned that about Cookiezi) But there are many other persons that deserve to have fans :->
Waryas
make friend list public, problem solved.
NatsumeRin

JesusYamato wrote:

make friend list public, problem solved.
and add a counter, nice idea.
Jarby
I don't see any good reason for this game to become more of a popularity contest than it already is. The subscription feature is a good idea that is related to this, but it's one that I would prefer not to be publicly listed as such.
TKiller

Jarby wrote:

I don't see any good reason for this game to become more of a popularity contest than it already is. The subscription feature is a good idea that is related to this, but it's one that I would prefer not to be publicly listed as such.
u just jelly :D

well, actually that's why I said this does make some sense, but is just hilarious
dNextGen
friend list doesnt mean fans list though
Topic Starter
Mastodonio

dNextGen wrote:

friend list doesnt mean fans list though
^ he is right. By the way,some people don't want their friends to be shown - but fan's list is much better..and as I said - you can hide your fans in settings,if you want.
But if someone want - friends list can be added too)
awp

Jarby wrote:

I don't see any good reason for this game to become more of a popularity contest than it already is
the voice of reason called

it said given the insight you've been able to offer on the subject, you are encouraged to continue doing so
Metro
Great idea.
Topic Starter
Mastodonio

Metro wrote:

Great idea.
Thanks,I hope that more people will notice this idea and share their opinion too)
Wishy
I'd agree with this if fans stuff were all private, like this game is all about e-penis for tons of people, which is why they rank-whore or get easy top ranks so people will know their names, now with something like this they just gonna go try to get tons of fans so they can think they're great since they got a shitload of "fans". I'll be ok with "fans" being all private, like actually being suscribers instead of fans.
Topic Starter
Mastodonio

Wishy22 wrote:

I'd agree with this if fans stuff were all private, like this game is all about e-penis for tons of people, which is why they rank-whore or get easy top ranks so people will know their names, now with something like this they just gonna go try to get tons of fans so they can think they're great since they got a shitload of "fans". I'll be ok with "fans" being all private, like actually being suscribers instead of fans.
Subscribers are usually useful in other sites when for example you are famous and you upload videos made by yourself in youtube,so your subscibers can always know when new videos are coming :-> So,I think fans are better - look at people's signatures ( a lot of people write for example : Dj Pop's fan, or Cookiezi's fan) - even I wrote that I am kingcobra's fan) So,I think to make 'fans' is better.
And as I said before - You can 'hide your fans' in settings,if you want. There is no point to make this function only private - it's people's desire,so they can hide them,if they want.
Wishy
I don't really see a point in saying "hey I'm a X's fan", I think it's pretty useless and won't do any real good to the community. By being a suscriper you get updates on the user like what scores he got (which you can check in his recent activities so w/e), or what maps he uploaded (now this would be useful). But fans... it's just another stat you gonna add to every player which won't mean anything, like ranked score, total score, lvl, etc.
Topic Starter
Mastodonio

Wishy22 wrote:

I don't really see a point in saying "hey I'm a X's fan", I think it's pretty useless and won't do any real good to the community. By being a suscriper you get updates on the user like what scores he got (which you can check in his recent activities so w/e), or what maps he uploaded (now this would be useful). But fans... it's just another stat you gonna add to every player which won't mean anything, like ranked score, total score, lvl, etc.
Well,it's your opinion - I don't agree with you. Every man has it's own opinion :->
Metro
I like this idea because it reminds me of the MeetYourMakers website.

http://www.mymym.com/en/profile/Maelk.html

http://www.mymym.com/en/fancenter.html (I'm the all-time worst better!)

I don't agree with this being private but I do agree with this being a part of subscribing to the user. If you subscribe to someone you automatically become a fan and you get his updates. You won't want to get updates of an Easy player (at least I don't) so you'd choose only the good players.
Topic Starter
Mastodonio

Metro wrote:

I don't agree with this being private but I do agree with this being a part of subscribing to the user. If you subscribe to someone you automatically become a fan and you get his updates. You won't want to get updates of an Easy player (at least I don't) so you'd choose only the good players.
Hmmmm...sounds nice) I agree - but with one condition : you can "refuse updates from this user" in settings ,if you want. For example,maybe I like this guy - he is a good mapper,but I don't want to get updates from him - I just want to have him in my personal 'fan list' :->
Metro

Giorgos wrote:

Metro wrote:

Hmmmm...sounds nice) I agree - but with one condition : you can "refuse updates from this user" in settings ,if you want. For example,maybe I like this guy - he is a good mapper,but I don't want to get updates from him - I just want to have him in my personal 'fan list' :->
That'd defeat the purpose of what I just said :P.

Another suggestion could be a limited list of favorite mappers.

I think that 5-8 mappers would be enough.
whymeman
Sooo..... you want osu! to be more like Facebook with the "likes", but based on user profiles?

Also, wouldn't there be a problem of fans vs. fans and other biased matters? I feel that it would only lead to more personal attacks and trolling than to be a helpful or useful feature.
show more