forum

[resolved] Input lag issues while in-game

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
mija-
After my osu! crashed few days ago, I started getting a feeling of my input lag increasing by about 5-10 ms while I am playing a map, although it's feels ok in the main menu. Also sometimes the game seems to alt-tab back and forth once a session in the beginning of some maps.

I tried reinstalling osu!, tablet and graphics card driver. Neither of these helped.
WYSI
Well first make sure to go into your settings and enable "Show FPS counter" so that you can accurately determine how much input delay you're dealing with. Try turning off background video or trying a different skin. Or maybe even turning on compatibility mode through settings. If this doesn't help you might need new drivers, or maybe even a new tablet. Make sure your mouse has the same delay as your tablet. I'm not sure how to help with your alt-tabbing issue. Might have something to do with your keyboard, operating system, or third party software.
Topic Starter
mija-
> Well first make sure to go into your settings and enable "Show FPS counter" so that you can accurately determine how much input delay you're dealing with.
I do always have it on and the thing is that it actually shows normal latency (4.3 in main/song select menu and sub .7 in game)

> Try turning off background video
I do have it turned off

> trying a different skin
Doesn't really affect anything

> Or maybe even turning on compatibility mode through settings.
Tried doing that as well, didn't help at all

> Make sure your mouse has the same delay as your tablet.
My mouse does have same delay as my tablet, both get some kind of delay after about a minute of playing

> Might have something to do with your keyboard, operating system, or third party software.
Keyboard is perfectly fine. Talking of operating system, I checked my HDD with DISM and sfc but they have not found anything wrong with my system. And for the 3rd party apps -- I genuely have no idea but it might do something with it, but the thing is about latency increasing ONLY ingame, everywhere else it works just as before.

I will be hard reseting Windows later today. I'll update the post whenever I finish.

Update: it works perfectly after Windows hardreset.
Death
Marking resolved.

For reference, the ms value displayed at the bottom right of the osu! window (enabled using "Show FPS counter") is not a measure of input lag.