forum

Using one of my guest diffs from a dead mapset for my own mapset of the same song [Resolved]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sayaka
Hello! I hope this is the right thread for this?
Anyways, here's the issues at hand.

I mapped two guest difficulties for this mapset: Kingslayer feat. Babymetal
The thing is, I want to update one of them, but the person I made the guest diffs for just told me he doesn't care about the set anymore and that he will not update my difficulty.

Is there any way to create my own set using my already finished guest diffs (Hard + Expert)?
I tried just creating a new set and copy pasting in my guest difficulties, but as expected it's labeled as plagiarism (which makes sense, and I am fine with that, system good).
The thing is, it's not plagiarism, it's me trying to update my map which I spent months on.

I literally cannot update it otherwise as the person I mapped it for (Kaitiri) straight up told me "I don't care about this set anymore I will not do it", which is a dick move in and of itself, but puts me in a position where I don't really have any other choice than somehow make my own set or drop the whole thing entirely, the latter of which would be very sad and frustrating seeing as I put all this time and effort in it.

I made the hitsounds for the set, the description, etc. myself, the only thing not by me is the unfinished top diff which is about 40% mapped without hitsounds by the set owner. It's just a really sad position to be in right now.

If anyone got anything let me know, thank you.
August
they're your diffs - you can do what you want with them. Change the creator name to your own, as right now they have the other guy's name, so you can't upload them
Topic Starter
Sayaka
I tried doing that, but the system still threw the usual "this is not your set" error at me.

I'll try it again, I guess.
August
make a new mapset, then copy the diffs with the creator name changed. Upload that new mapset

set BeatmapID: and BeatmapSetID: in the .osu to either 0 or blank, don't remember which
Topic Starter
Sayaka
OKay I think I figured it out, thank you for the advice.