Total Posts
Topic Starter
Konpaku Sariel
midgy

Konpaku Sariel wrote:

You can use Pause key
😐
Stomiks
Remove the ability to pause. Stamina is a skill that's included in dans since dans are marathon maps. Pausing defeats the purpose of having a dan to begin with.
pofnkul
idk i dont like dans a a concept.

pls limit pausing to only during breaks inbetween maps. i never liked how the dan system always encouraged maining stamina but letting people pause whenever makes it too easy to cheese

actual playtest maybe later
Topic Starter
Konpaku Sariel
lol i never thought that pause is a great matter of Dan

it's cool idea that allowing pause during breaks and many of Dan in other rhythm games are using that system (LR2, SDVX, IIDX ect)

but i want to stick to this policy because there is no way to check they paused or not
and i don't believe pausing makes people to pass absurdly hard maps
for sure stamina is an important skill but osu! allows pausing limitelessly
so stamina is not important so much at least in this game
abraker

Konpaku Sariel wrote:

You can use Pause key
you lost me here

Konpaku Sariel wrote:

but i want to stick to this policy because there is no way to check they paused or not
that's what vods are for

Konpaku Sariel wrote:

and i don't believe pausing makes people to pass absurdly hard maps
It helps a lot to be able to rest a few seconds
Topic Starter
Konpaku Sariel
using Pause does not lead to a dramatic rise in the record
it is possible to raise the record of 96% to 97% but it is hard to think that a person who can pass only 7th dan will suddenly pass 8th dan with pausing
and using vod is cumbersome. when recording with an internal program, a frame drop occurs, and when filming with an external camera, a lot of resources are required for setting. (money and places)
for the above reasons I object to forcing the ban on pause

so I decide to make another pass conditions rather than force it
the another condition is derived from Dan system of Taiko no Tatsujin called Gold Pass
it's only given when you meet stricter conditions

btw do you have any feedback other than about pausing?
AstalFanBoy

Konpaku Sariel wrote:

using Pause does not lead to a dramatic rise in the record
it is possible to raise the record of 96% to 97% but it is hard to think that a person who can pass only 7th dan will suddenly pass 8th dan with pausing
This is extremely untrue. Pausing makes it easier to read, hit, and even go through maps. Use a long map such as Deadly Force. It's a more recent map and it requires a good amount of stamina and pattern recognition. With pausing, you can easily pause when you're starting to run out of stamina leading to higher acc long and short term. You can also pause when you are unable to sightread a pattern making it easier to manipulate or hit it.

This can be easily manipulated for the worse so I really recommend you reconsider as nobody here can force you to do so.
Topic Starter
Konpaku Sariel
hmm ok no pause